Thread: Best Debit / Credit Card System / Service

Default Best Debit / Credit Card System / Service

I recently started a business in Houston and would like to starting receiving debit and credit cards as a form of payment from customers.

Are there any systems or services that you would recommend as a low cost options?

What are some best practices to employ in order to avoid scams when accepting credit/debit cards?

Thank you for your time and help!

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

How do you want to take payment? Over the phone? By sending invoices? On a website?

Have you spoken with your bank? Do they offer any options?

Quote Originally Posted by Budaz View Post
    I recently started a business in Houston and would like to starting receiving debit and credit cards as a form of payment from customers.

Are there any systems or services that you would recommend as a low cost options?

What are some best practices to employ in order to avoid scams when accepting credit/debit cards?

Thank you for your time and help!
    As a Start UP you may want to consider Square or a PayPal - they do not have the least expensive rates,
    but, you also are not saddles with any fixed monthly costs.

My rule of thumb for start ups - when you have steady sales of $10K to $15K per month,
    then look into a regular merchant account.

Lowest price on fees is NOT always the best route.

<removed>
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 02-20-2019 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Solicitation

We would like to take payment over the phone and in-person using a credit card reader. It seems like square is my best option since Bank of America charges a $9.95 monthly fee for their merchant services account.

We use Evalon, they work fine for us. We only take CC payment over the phone.