Thread: Advice on using a startup consultant

Default Advice on using a startup consultant

Hi everyone, great forum here. What is your opinion on using a business startup consultant to advise me on starting a business. I have several concepts for a type of business and I found a consultant who specializes in the field Iím interetsed in. I thought maybe to meet with them and consult me on what to focus on. Is it silly to worry about the consultant taking my ideas? Thanks

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

To your question, no it's not silly to worry about someone "taking" your ideas, but it's probably an unnecessary worry. Ideas area a dime a dozen and (no offense) yours is probably not original since most business ideas are not. Besides, it's not about how original your idea is, it's about execution of that idea into something that works and makes money.

Array

What's the idea and why do you think you need a consultant?
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I would recommend checking out a SCORE office first. https://www.score.org/
    It's free, and they can give you a lot of general advice about starting and running a business that most people don't know or consider when they're focused on how great thier idea is.
    Again, it's not the idea. Everyone has ideas. It's the execution and actually running a business.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 02-10-2019 at 08:25 AM.

I have several ideas for a concept in the food industry. The consultant is an expert in this field and has many reviews online. I think I need a consultant because I could use some guidance and advice on which way is the best direction to go and which idea to focus on. Maybe Iím overthinking but I thought it could be good to have maybe an hour session and get some advice from an expert in the field. Thanks !

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Lot of people with years of food and hospitality experience right here, including myself, if you want to run some things by us.

Hey, all the best for your business idea.