Thread: Google Shopping Dangerous products policy

Default Google Shopping Dangerous products policy

I sell medieval items which include various weapons like swords and axes. It appears that google has rules against these items, but google shopping is loaded with swords. I've avoided putting any of my weapons on google shopping as it seems to be against the rules. Years ago I was dropped from adwords because of selling weapons. Anyone know how I can find out if it is somehow actually ok to sell weapons on shopping? It seems unlikely that they have missed all the weapons that are advertised on there now. Thanks.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Found this from Google Merchant center
    https://support.google.com/merchants.../6150004?hl=en

I don't know anything about this specifically, but when in doubt I just pick up the phone and send an email to the right people and ask. You'll get the best answer by going right to the source.

Array

My experience is that just because Google policy says one thing, doesn't mean you won't find numerous examples of policy violations actively using a Google service in direct violation. I think there are just too many services and too many products and sites for them to keep track manually, so they use some form of AI, which is highly imperfect. I know this doesn't help, but just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Mansfield View Post
    Found this from Google Merchant center
    https://support.google.com/merchants.../6150004?hl=en

I don't know anything about this specifically, but when in doubt I just pick up the phone and send an email to the right people and ask. You'll get the best answer by going right to the source.
    It must be a difficult question. I tried live chat with them and they sent me the same link you did. When I questioned why so many items that many would consider weapons were listed in google shopping they didn't have an answer and said they would have to email me....

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Why is being in Google Shopping so important? From what I've seen over the years it's not exactly that great for merchants. I think you'll get far more opportunity on Ebay and Amazon, and I've purchased tactical knives on Amazon before no problem.