Thread: Is Lending Club Legit for a Loan?

Default Is Lending Club Legit for a Loan?

I received a flyer in the mail about a personal loan approved up to $40,000. I am thinking about starting a business and that amount or even less would be a major help. Even $10,000 would still be of use. Is Lending Club legit? I am used to getting credit card offers where the rate is not as good as advertised but at least I know the credit card company is a real company. All signs point to Lending Club being the real deal on google but hearing from anyone that used it would be appreciated. And if you could tell me the interest rate I could realistically expect, that would help too.

-Wayne

Lending Club is legit but just make sure you are applying on Lendingclub.com. There are scammers out that will call you up and pretend to be Lending Club or some other related lending company so that you are fooled when you Google the company name.

So long as you are applying on the website itself etc, everything should be fine. I have personally never used a loan from them though.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 11-11-2018 at 11:08 AM. Reason: No reason to post a scam link

Quote Originally Posted by BusyBiz View Post
    I received a flyer in the mail about a personal loan approved up to $40,000. I am thinking about starting a business and that amount or even less would be a major help. Even $10,000 would still be of use. Is Lending Club legit? I am used to getting credit card offers where the rate is not as good as advertised but at least I know the credit card company is a real company. All signs point to Lending Club being the real deal on google but hearing from anyone that used it would be appreciated. And if you could tell me the interest rate I could realistically expect, that would help too.

-Wayne
    Did you go through with this loan? I have gotten something in the mail from them as well and I would like to know what kind of interest rates they charged you. I never believe the preapproved rates that lenders show you. Learned my lesson long ago!