Thread: Best wordpress plugin to sell merchandise on my website?

Default Best wordpress plugin to sell merchandise on my website?

I have a wordpress blog and I really do not want to use any other CMS as it took me forever to get a handle on it. I have read lots of opinions on what plugin is the best if you want to sell things on your site, but was hoping to talk to a few people about it first since once I go down this road, I really don't want to be stuck with technical issues or limitations. I plan to sell handmade crafts mostly out of seashells on it. My blog is about enjoying beautiful beaches and some of my followers have convinced me to turn it into a money maker.

My last question is how does accepting credit cards work through the plugin?

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Woo Commerce is the default and (In my opinion) best ecommerce plug in for WordPress if you're selling physical products.

The basics are that you want to install it and see if your theme is compatible. If it's not you're going to have to manually make some adjustments. Depending on how bad it is sometimes it's easier to retheme your site with one that is Woo Commerce compatible so that you don't keep running into the same conflicts and issues every time there's an update.

By default Woo Commerce is set to accept credit and debit cards via PayPal, but you can buy extensions for other processors such as 2CO, Authorize.net, Stripe, Square, Braintree ( which is a PayPal company) and many others.

Accepting cards is the easy part. Configuring taxes properly and how you're going to do shipping is the real pain. Especially if you have to configure by dimensions and weight for multiple carriers.

You should also have a SSL/TLS.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 11-09-2018 at 01:10 PM.

Array

Yes Woocommerce. it can do all plus more developers know this plugin. It has many plugin additions both free and paid. It will accept credit card payments using Strip and Paypal free plugins. it will deposit the money to your Paypal. It is an easy setup.
    Las Vegas Based Wordpress Developer ewebdeveloperservices.com

Discount Prodigy
    Array

Array

Definitely WooCommerce if on WordPress.

Woo commerce for sure. I wouldn't use shopify or anything like that as you are never in full control.