Thread: Forum upgrade happening this weekend

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Default Forum upgrade happening this weekend

I will be upgrading to the newest version of the forum software this weekend.

The newer version will allow us to have some of the features that people have asked about, has some security upgrades, updated admin and user controls, and provide a better user experience across all devices. I tested it on my phone and it looks pretty good.

Everything will work as before, nothing will get lost and all of your profile info will remain the same.
    The forum will still be the main page. We may use other features over time, but I wanted to get it done while I can.

I will update this thread with the exact day and time frame shortly.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Good luck with the upgrade. I'll be interested to see what the newest version of vB offers and how you set things up. After upgrading from version 3 to version 4, I never wanted to do the work of upgrading again. Another reason why it was a good thing I handed the keys over to you.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Yep, turns out it's a pain in the a**. Looks like I will have to hire VBulletin to do it to avoid any further frustration.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

So it's turning out to be more of a chore than I expected. It's still on the list and will happen as soon as I can get it done.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Just updating everyone. I still plan on upgrading the forum, and have the newest version of the software but it proved to be harder than expected and will be an added expense. Stay tuned, it will happen soon.