View Poll Results: Please select the best name for our new service.

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Chuck Wagon - Premium Pet Food, at your door

2 16.67%
  • Kibble Konnection - Premium Pet Food, at your door

6 50.00%
  • Li'l Buddies - Premium Pet Food, at your door

0 0%
  • Kibble Kart - Premium Pet Food, at your door

4 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Venture - Name Selection

Array

Default New Venture - Name Selection

A partner and I are starting a new service to capitalize on our customer base. We both have dog related businesses (electronic dog fencing and poop scooping). The service will be delivery of premium quality dog food directly to their door. Right now, we need to decide on a name so we can move forward with marketing material etc.

Please select from the list below. You can vote anonymously, but if you choose to comment - I'll be giving extra weight to votes from females (since females will typically be making this type of purchase decision).

Thanks for the help.
    Steve B

Array

I liked Kibble Kart. Chuck Wagon was my second favorite, but I wasn't sure how it connected to pets. Kibble Konnection was ok, but I didn't like using the word "Connection" nor the way it was spelled. Li'l buddies didn't seem to fit the business function, either.

Hope that helps!

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I like Chuck Wagon, but it's too well known from the Purina Company. They even had a video game for it.

Array

Well it's unanimous so far...I voted for Kibble Kart too...but am not too sure about the double K. I mean it's not a triple K - but it may raise some eyebrows...

Array

I like Kibble Konnection but would like to see Konnection with a C as Patrysha pointed out it may haunt you later. I think the name could be used for broader services in the future as opposed to Kibble Kart. I also think Kibble Konnection would be seen as a more serious business as opposed to Kibble Kart which sounds more like a Mom and Pop business.

I picture in my head:

Kibble Kart - husband wife team, start up business, Kart=old fashioned, fun

Kibble Connection - Strong business, professional business, Connection=ability to get me what I need efficiently

Of course this is just what popped into my head instantly. The name you choose will always be successful if you market it the right way, for example I would market the name Kibble Kart as a fun loving small business that has a personal touch. And I would market Kibble Connection as a very reliable service which is efficient and that has the resources and "Connections" to be able to supply quality products efficiently.

Just depends on how you want people to interpret your business
    Ultimate in Exhibition and Displays
    l l www.tenji.com.au l l Find me on Facebook l l Follow me on Twitter l l

Array

Awkward question to ask someone who prefers cats XD

Kibble Konnection I seem to like. Change the K to a C and everything should be all good. Although Kibble Kart is kinda kwirky. It would stick in peoples' minds a lot more I would say.

I have a feeling that these four were shortlisted from a much larger list. What were the other selections you had?

Blacktalon
    BlacktalonSolutions
    Human Resources 3.0 & Corporate Advisory Services
    HR • Organizational Behaviour Assessments • Strategic Marketing • Web Design

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

I do like Kibble Connection, with the C.
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Array

See I did picture it as Mom and Pop too...but that is what appeals to me. I like that my purchases are helping someone close to home rather than a big corporation (even if it sometimes is an illusion). That doesn't mean everyone sees things my way though...as always ymmv.

Array

Great input so far. Actually, the list wasn't all that long - we're not very creative. Kibble Carrier and Kibble Caddy were a couple that I remember.

We will carry cat food also - sorry I realized I wrote dog food in the original.

We will first target my partner's Poop Squad customers. He's going to there house once a week anyway, may as well drop off a bag of food and make money on both ends of the equation (so to speak).

Keep the votes coming in - we'll use this in our decision.
    Steve B

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I voted for The Chuck Wagon, though my first impression would be the Purina commercials from years ago. It may also be that I can't resist a good Western. It seemed to describe the business well to me. It's something mobile with he food.

Both of the Kibble names could work, however the 'K' in the second work might make it confusing to some. You're naturally going to spell it Cart of Connection. You'll probably need to buy both versions of the domain and also work a little harder to promote the spelling of the name. I'm not big on the cutesy names, which both of these tend to be, especially with the 'K' spelling. However that kind of name might be best given the nature of the business. Cute is going to work when it comes to pets.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals