Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Title Did You Give Yourselves When You Registered The Business?

Default What Title Did You Give Yourselves When You Registered The Business?

I have an option to pick my title now as I'm registering my LLC. What did you guys pick for your title? I guess I should pick CEO even though I'm going to be a one-man operation right?
    Soon to be online business owner

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'm registered as a sole proprietorship so I think I just listed myself as owner.

I guess CEO is right, though president might also work.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Officially, I'm the Owner but everyone calls me the Top Hat.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Top Hat
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

We have the same core management team for all the companies. Our owner and President is always the President.

Heh well I went ahead and picked Chief Executive Officer. This is fun!
    Soon to be online business owner

I once had a letterhead that listed me down the outer left column as everything from President to Janitor. I had about a dozen titles, all laid out just as a law firm or association may do it. Got a lot of comments.

Can't take credit for the idea, I stole it from Ed Perry of Ed Perry Auto Parts in Campobello, SC. Now in Inman, SC.

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

Legally as an LLC, you're considered either a "Member" or "Manager". But whatever title you feel like writing down is fine.

I do agree with the using of all the titles for humor:
    President, Principal, Partner, Proprietor, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Executive Vice President, Vice President of Red M&Ms, Secretary, Treasurer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, Director of Technology, General Manager, Majority Shareholder, Member, Staff Accountant, Janitor (on the weekends)
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Array

While i think that titles are good for some cases, especially when dealing with some larger companies, i think using a title that places you high can be a disadvantage in some respects. However it all depends on your target market and how they are going to perceive your title.

For my business i do everything i could call myself CEO if i wanted, however i simply went with Manager on my business cards, which had i thought more at the time i should have put sales manager or Operations Manager or something, i believe that it gives people a better impression then trying to trump up a title when they know you are a one man show. While i do not think that there is anything wrong with using any title you feel like, it can be better using something more to the level of the people you are trying to work with, until you can afford to employee people to fill this role and you are more administrative.

Just an opinion.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Array

I put president on my official documents and Media Buyer as the Title on My Business Cards.

It's what I do... Plus it gives me a chance to have fun with the telemarketers who end up with my card.

TM "Hello Eric we met at the XYZ function... can i speak to your president?

Eric " I'll tell him you called"
    The Ad-Vice Man - Expert Advertising Advice
    www.harborpilotmedia.com,
    www.freeadvertisingadvice.org