View Poll Results: Which type of device do you use MOST to run your business?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Desktop

0 0%
  • Laptop

2 66.67%
  • Mobile Device (Phone/Tablet)

0 0%
  • All of the above

1 33.33%
  • Other

0 0%

Thread: Which type of device do you use MOST to run your business?

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Default Which type of device do you use MOST to run your business?

Just wondering what members here use most to run and keep up with their businesses.

I do most of my day to day work on a gaming desktop that I've turned into a 3 monitor work station.
    I have a dual boot Windows/Linux laptop but I mostly use that for training and classwork.
    I have an android tablet that I use for books and catching up on industry news and articles.
    I use my XBOX or Fire Stick for keeping up with my various You Tube channels and podcasts
    I use mobile phones and virtual numbers exclusively. I don't have a land line.

It may seem like a lot, but they all serve a purpose and make life a little easier by not having to do everything from one device, one place, or during certain times.

What about you guys?

FlipzSide Creative Services
    Array

My work is 90% graphic design so I'm mostly on my MacBook using the Adobe Creative Suite. I have a second monitor plugged in as sometimes even the 15-inch screen is too small for my purposes.

FlipzSide
    is a full service creative team. We offer everything from graphic design, to writing and editing, to photography and 3D design. No job is too big or too small.

Array

Primarily an HP desk top and a lap top. Almost exclusively document preparation (word). Also excel spreadsheets and internet for research with some graphic design for booklets and pamphlets and other basic docs. Of course email communications. I also have my old computer just to archive old documents mainly because I never transferred to my new computer.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I just ordered a Chromebook. Been thinking about it for a while, and have started using G-Suite instead of MS Office...which I like a lot.
    Hoping it will be the mobile, grab it and go, all occasions laptop that I've been looking for.

Array

I read the question as which ONE type of device do you use MOST to run your business and voted before seeing the "All of the Above" entry, which is OK because I think that that answer is cheating -- at least the way that I read the question ;-)

We don't have any desktop computers (but then our businesses are not "tech" businesses), we use laptops for everything, and of course our iphones....

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tallen View Post
    I read the question as which ONE type of device do you use MOST to run your business and voted before seeing the "All of the Above" entry, which is OK because I think that that answer is cheating -- at least the way that I read the question ;-).
    You read it correctly. But I figured we could use the thread to talk about other devices we use since for many people no one thing is enough for all their needs.
    Just trying to get a feel for what people use and get this new section going.

I use my laptop for the management of my website and sometimes i use smartphone for mailing and other stuff.