Thread: Desert Proofreader Thirsts for Perfection

Array

Default Desert Proofreader Thirsts for Perfection

Hi everyone, I’m Richard and I’m the “greybeard” at Greybeard Writing Services. I live in the desert area of San Bernardino near Idyllwild.

I’ll proofread your text for accuracy to keep your reputation and brand secure, and copy-edit to make it shine in any form: web content, docs, pdfs, or paper. I specialize in plain language for science and technical publications, authoritative business copy and B2B, and custom styles for authors of fantasy, science fiction, and weird tales. I can also give your website or blog an SEO checkup, especially if you are on Wordpress.

My proofreading business is new but I’ve been the go-to grammar geek at every job I’ve ever had, and I’ve had a freelance online presence for 12 years. I also blog for myself, write content for online services like Copypress, and develop ebooks and other creative projects. When I’m not working (haha), I volunteer proofreading for Project Gutenberg. When I’m REALLY not working, I love to hike the foothills, read or play guitar.

That’s my story. Nice to be here. I hope to learn a lot from you all about marketing and growing online.
    Richard
    Richard@Greybeardwriting.com
    Greybeardwriting.com

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Richard. I think we share a few things in common. I'm not a proofreader, but I am a writer. I also used to offer freelance design and development services, mainly on WordPress, and at one point in the past I offered seo services. I also live in a desert, though not one in California. I'm a couple states to the east in Colorado.

I look forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Richard. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Array

Hi Steven, I used to live on the Washington coast, so the desert is an extreme change. I'm loving the winter down south. I never intended to get into SEO and such, but it seems like I spend half my time either rebuilding my Wordpress sites, helping someone out with a plugin, or learning the newest SEO tweak. I wish I'd discovered the various builders (i.e. Elementor) before I got started. I ended up creating an SEO tune-up sheet for my sites that seems to work for me. Continuing education seems to be a daily activity, unfortunately, it really cuts into my writing time.
    Last edited by Greybeard; 04-03-2018 at 02:10 PM. Reason: typo
    Richard
    Richard@Greybeardwriting.com
    Greybeardwriting.com