Thread: Generating sales from Facebook ads (advice)

Thumbs up Generating sales from Facebook ads (advice)

Hello everybody,

this is my first post in this forum. Decided to put this thread in whole internet marketing section because I see Facebook ads more like PPC, not social media channel.

I don't want to be pesky or annoying, but I have been working with Facebook Ads for several years now, I'm running some really profitable ad campaigns and I see quite a lot of misleading information (some say FB ads don't work?) or misunderstanding in this forum.

So I would like to give you some tips from my experience

First of all: if you try to invest 10 dollars in Facebook ads and try to get 20 back, nothing will happen. (I'm talking only about e-commerce advertising.) We should understand that at the moment we have quite a lot of competition in Facebook feed, so it's logical, that getting positive ROI isn't so easy. In order to make money, it's a must to know something our competitors don't. That's why, first of all, we should invest at least couple hunndred of dollars to get the information we could use for optimizing our campaign. It's unavoidable. Think about it as investment in useful information but not as losses. If you could be able to make positive ROI from 10 dollars all of us already would be millionaires.

Secondly: testing testing testing. If you think you know your customer the best, you are wrong . Let's use the raw data (we already spend some money on), but not our intuition or some kind of cosmic energy to optimize the campaign. That's why it's a must to create at least couple of ad sets, different ads and different target groups, but I guess you already know that. And it's a big job requiring knowledge and experience in this field to optimize whole campaign properly. So before spending dollars get really familiar with FB ads or lastly hire someone who knows how to do that. Save your money.

I haven't said anything spectacular. It's just common sense. However some people still believe they can start making a fortune with 5 bucks.

Dear people, if you want to earn a million or run successful e-commerce store, don't be afraid to invest and take the risk. Facebook ads at the moment, is wonderful tool to generate e-commerce leads (you have heard about new algorithms etc), some of my clients make 600% ROAD (return on ad spent) or even more.

Facebook ads really work, you just have to know how to use them.

In order to prove my knowledge in this field and for you to truly listen to my advice I'm adding some screenshots from my clients ad campaigns.

I hope this post will stimulate a dialogue. I would be happy to discuss or advise you if you have some questions.

If you managed to make a fortune from Facebook ads with 10 dollars, please, share your experience and teach us all how to do that

123.jpg
    124.jpg
    125.jpg

Sit. Stay safe!
    Array

The landmine that I fall into is that it costs money to do the A/B testing, and that's the prerequisite to knowing which ad campaign to invest money in! So it really irks me when marketing advice glosses over that as if it costs nothing to do A/B testing. In your opinion, shouldn't one invest at least a couple hundred for each test ad? And if so, can you then give us a hypothetical total spend?

Great stuff in here. Agreed. SM is a tool to tweak the machine (your business), not the machine itself. It's a funnel to pre-qualify and hopefully drive leads. You don't sell cars on FB, you buy vetted car buyer leads.
    offrs.com reviews agent, homeowner, home seller and home buyer best practices in real estate.

Array

One of the biggest mistakes i see with both facebook and adwords is that one users do not track conversions a client is a client , you dont know if that client was organic or a 5 bucks click on your website. If you dont know your conversions how can you even know if you are indeed making money. You could be thrashing cash into facebook and get customers meantime they are all coming from somewhere else.

Dont ever put all your eggs in one basket, the online world and its rules changes so much your most profitable income will surely drop one day. When one revenue lags another will make up for it there are always people buying you just need to know where.

Testing i agree with you is vital, if you cant do that dont try marketing on your own. Get a pro. Testing costs but the returns are great in knowledge and experience, one ad will always run better than another and you can analyse why this ad was more effective and pit it against another test , and repeat. I remember some story about a bilionarre who was asked about how he alwys knew how to make the right business decisions , his answer was by making the wrong ones.

Everybody makes mistakes, its those that learn from them and persevere, knowing another lesson "mistake" will come, they are the ones that become successful.

Lastly you can expet that with the online world growing at such a rapid pace, that things will become more difficult as competition gets more. Funny thing is many times we forget the basics of business we get so caught up in roi's, data and so forth that we forget about good old service. Word of mouth is still deadly in business whatever you decide to to always keep that in mind with your clients.

Array

The useful information from the OP's thread really shows the reality on how effective Facebook ads is from the proper implementations, research, strategy, testing and so on. It is true that you need to invest to be able to ride in the flow of competition especially on paid ads.