Thread: LLC Partnership and splitting profits

Default LLC Partnership and splitting profits

Hello,

My partner and I just established ourselves as an LLC doing consulting in education. We agreed that profits and work load would be 50/50. So far so good with that. Although we help each other with everything, he focuses more on networking, marketing, and meeting with district officials, and I focus more on curriculum design and professional development presentations. We co-facilitate all professional development workshops and any other in-person consulting services.

He is helping me get a solo consulting contract at the district where he works at by introducing me to the right people and putting in a good word for me. He cannot be hired as my partner for this particular district because of his role there and so it would be a conflict of interest, which means that I will be facilitating workshops and other services on my own when on-site. I can definitely handle doing that, so that's not the issue. And I know that he will help me with designing presentations or give input if I ask him. He is asking for 10% of whatever I get offered for this solo consulting contract, since he is helping me get the contract. Would this be considered fair?

Thanks,
    Cihuatl

Array

Actually that seems more than fair. Consider it a "commission".

Thank you Paul!