Thread: Help or advice to re-configure or re-purpose my website

Default Help or advice to re-configure or re-purpose my website

I created travelinks.ca website on May 10, 2015 with the idea of creating a different type of niche in the travel/tourist business. I am using SocialEngine version 4.8.12 as the platform, and installed several hundred dollars of plugins. According to statistics (February 12 2018) there were 445-page views with a total of 2,170,147 to date. However, I’m not sure how relevant those numbers are.

I became seriously ill for quite awhile, and was unable to maintain or further develop the site. But, I always thought I would get around to working on it at some point in time. Given the blistering speed that the internet moves at today, I have probably missed the opportunity I had in mind.

So, I’m looking for creative and helpful ideas how I might re-purpose the current php program for a different use. As a matter of interest there is no physical address or telephone number because the site is in limbo. Have a look around the site, and if you have questions please pm me.

Thank you for your interest.

Dave
    The Problems We Have Created Cannot Be Solved
    At The Level Of Thinking That Created Them
    "Albert Einstein"

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Would you be using the same URL? Something still in the Travel industry?

Thanks for the question Harold. I can change (transfer) the site to whatever URL is required.
    "Albert Einstein"

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

What are your interests? SocialEngine is an application for building social networks so you need to build a community around some topic. None of us can tell you what topic to choose because we don't know you. We don't know what you're interested in or what your goals would be for the site.

Is there a reason you want to move away from travel/tourism? You said you missed an opportunity. Was the whole point of the site to capitalize on one specific opportunity?

I'm trying to understand more what your goals are for the site.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

I'm not sure I understand what your original website did. It looked like a place for people to post pics or vids of places they visited. Unless I missed something. That seems like something people already do on facebook or other social media. Maybe try the same concept with a much more focused underserved niche topic.

Thanks Paul. The original idea was to localize the concept on a city level. I have been provided with a few ideas to kick around, so we'll se where that goes. Cheers!
    "Albert Einstein"

Array

To be honest as van gogh hinted towards. Doing something new online isnt easy, everything that can be done has been done I believe, i think its more relevant in today online world to look at what is around combine it, improve on it. The biggest thing I see dividence from online is doing something somebody else did just executing it much better. The guy who invests an idea usually never deploys the best version of it, unless you are one in a billion like mark or bill, but even they are getting challenged by guys who followed what they did.