Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about using only Social Media marketing?

Red face How do you feel about using only Social Media marketing?

It's 2018! Being a millennial, I feel like that's the only successful "Free" way of marketing. Of course, there's the door-to-door marketing, but who has time for that? Share if you know more successful ways.
    Last edited by vangogh; 01-15-2018 at 04:56 PM. Reason: removed self promotion

Discount Prodigy
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by thebusinesspantry View Post
    It's 2018! Being a millennial, I feel like that's the only successful "Free" way of marketing. Of course, there's the door-to-door marketing, but who has time for that? Share if you know more successful ways. Also, we just launched a new media company catered to new entrepreneurs wanted to build their business from the ground up. Check out the website. The Business Pantry
    millennial active Instagram user here, paying popular accounts to give shout outs works too.

Array

I think your shooting yourself in both feet while both wrists are handcuffed and you are wearing blinders and one eye patch.

There is a place for social media marketing, but limiting it to your sole method purely because it's free is going to be a quick road to broke.

Edit: Not a millennial as I fall into the oft forgotten age bracket of people born between '77-83.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    I think your shooting yourself in both feet while both wrists are handcuffed and you are wearing blinders and one eye patch.

There is a place for social media marketing, but limiting it to your sole method purely because it's free is going to be a quick road to broke.

Edit: Not a millennial as I fall into the oft forgotten age bracket of people born between '77-83.
    Plus there are other free methods to boost. I personally don't even do social media because it require the similar attention as doing a completely different project.

Array

Of course social media can be very successful means of marketing. Depends very much on the business. I see social media as a passive "fishing" expedition. You set the bait and wait for a fish to bite. Overall marketing can also include more proactive "hunting" expeditions. Go out and find the customer. Again, depends on the business.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Of course social media can be very successful means of marketing. Depends very much on the business. I see social media as a passive "fishing" expedition. You set the bait and wait for a fish to bite. Overall marketing can also include more proactive "hunting" expeditions. Go out and find the customer. Again, depends on the business.
    That is a good way to look at it indeed.

I personally prefer the "hybrid" approach of being out in the communities and hoping to get some "bites" by being in communities that likely going to purchase my products. Rather than just "casting" and hoping someone will "bite" here and there. While being able to have a good time doing so to boost.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by HumaneHosting View Post
    That is a good way to look at it indeed.

I personally prefer the "hybrid" approach of being out in the communities and hoping to get some "bites" by being in communities that likely going to purchase my products. Rather than just "casting" and hoping someone will "bite" here and there. While being able to have a good time doing so to boost.
    I agree. So many people are disappointed because they don't get the web traffic they hoped for. Every thing is about SEO, but there can only be so many on the first page! Really do have to pound the pavement one way or the other. Of course you can be proactive on line by joining forums and the like. But somehow, people expect to put up a web site and get traffic. I don't really know much about SEO but I hear and read all the time about "no traffic", often on here.

Array

Social Media Marketing is a great way to advertise your site or service or anything else that you're offering but only SMM can't help you. You need to do good SEO practices (on-page and off-page) which includes link building, quality content curation, blogs, internal linking, video marketing and lot more.

Then there are paid tools like Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, and Google Adwords. While SMM does work, it is very time consuming and you won't get the right target audience from just that. In order to become profitable you'll have to use a combination of organic and paid traffic.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Being a "Millennial" is no excuse for not learning what marketing is and how to implement a well balanced approach. The downside of social media is that you don't own it and they change the rules without warning. If all your eggs are in one basket and the rules change, as has happened to MANY marketers with Facebook over the years, your business is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I agree. So many people are disappointed because they don't get the web traffic they hoped for. Every thing is about SEO, but there can only be so many on the first page! Really do have to pound the pavement one way or the other. Of course you can be proactive on line by joining forums and the like. But somehow, people expect to put up a web site and get traffic. I don't really know much about SEO but I hear and read all the time about "no traffic", often on here.
    Exactly! People think the internet is one "huge highway" but in reality it just as complicated as our real thing (if not more). While it's true you can reach more and more people on the internet that doesn't means they will buy your products right off the bats.