Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: worst day in business so far

Array

My husband has a friend who simply electrified his vehicle so that the instant someone touched it they got a good jolt - it's illegal, but was very effective.
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Array

got my alarm installed today...yes i paid for the extra speaker inside the cab...110 decibles...no way anyone can take it for long....

i have a clicker on my keychain which will alarm and show me which door theyre opening. also got the glass breaking alarm....they said the glass breaker would also detect the back door being opened....they said they tested it and it worked...when i tried it nothing....i even stomped on the floor...nothing....now i have to pay $75 more and take another hour out of my time to go back for a magnetic switch....as usual there service and install quality werent so good.. i still dont know how i lose any bids....my service is the best out there...everyone i deal with dissapoints me....

its something i should have gotten 3 years ago when i started....just stupid of me...

Array

How much was it?
    Steve B

Array

I to some extent agree, about the level of quality service around. Especially in my current/previous industry of computers. There are so many dodgy operators out there that will tell people anything to get them hooked to there service, and so many i expect disappoint far to often. You would be surprised at the number of places i have been, that have been told so many things that are either totally irrelevant or have little if any bearing on the actual truth. The same places i may be the 4th or 5th or even more technician that they had called, to fix a problem, surprising it was fixed when i left. Unfortunately at that point i was working for someone else, who got to keep all the clients.

The issue comes down to in my belief that there are to many people out there that do not provide the level of service they should and this in turn gives everyone the perception all people in the industry are the same. Which we all know is not the case, however as we are also aware consumers, pay little credence to claims of quality and other such claims in out marketing, as they just often see them as the same false claims of others.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Man this is sad to hear. Real sorry it happened to you.

If you haven't already gotten your alarm finished up just get a proximity sensor, this way any time anyone gets near it you get notified. It's a good way to drive yourself crazy running out to check it ever time but you can tune sensitivity. Glass break sensors work well, you can also increase/decrease the shock sensitivity on the alarm shock sensor too (impact shock not electric shock) so you can set it up so knocking on the car at all will set it off. Then you risk wind setting it off, cats hopping onto it, etc. but in an area like that it would be worth knowing every little thing I bet.

Glad you weren't hurt. What kinda cool new tools do you get to buy? Anything exciting?

Array

alarm was $500

i go back to that job in 2 days to finish it.