Thread: Help with authorize.net

Default Help with authorize.net

Hello all,

First of all, I have never thought that I would write this or this would happen to me, but unfortunately did.

My close brother and I planned together to open a c-coporation to start an online business. However, due to my other work and all, I came out and he operated on his own.
    The problem occurred when he couldn't pay the authorizenet fees for Company A(chargebacks, and other fees accumulated)(Let's just say that Company A is the company he and I made). When we opened up an account, it seems that they linked my social security, rather than the company tax-id. I have another account with the authorize.net, and they froze the account that I am currently using to operate company B(Company B is the account I have separately to operate a separate website). I had no idea he was having trouble, or the fact that he had a huge balance. He admits his fault, and he has currently agreed to pay the fees via multiple payments. My question is: Can he take over the account so that they can unfreeze my other authorize.net account?

Array

Had a similar problem. I helped open a line of credit for a client. Somehow my ss was attached. When they defaulted they tried to come after me. Even though the client owned up to it they wouldn't remove me after the fact. I don't know if you can do much until they are paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Had a similar problem. I helped open a line of credit for a client. Somehow my ss was attached. When they defaulted they tried to come after me. Even though the client owned up to it they wouldn't remove me after the fact. I don't know if you can do much until they are paid.
    Have you talked to any lawyers in regard to this issue?

Array

Quote Originally Posted by tevenee View Post
    Have you talked to any lawyers in regard to this issue?
    No, they never actually took any legal action and it doesn't effect any of my other accounts. Unfortunately it just shows on credit report. I have been waiting for them to file a legal claim at which time I would involve an attorney if necessary. Apparently they know they would not win. I'm not paying in any case.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I doubt there's anything you can do until your outstanding balance is paid. I understand that your SS# was mistakenly attached, but that's not their problem,that was your mistake. Can't expect them let you off the hook now that you owe money.

I also doubt that they will transfer anything to anyone or separate anything until they are paid.

All your issues are mistakes that you made. They're not going to help you undo them.

My advice, pay them.