Thread: Best Houston Bank or Credit Union for Business Banking

Default Best Houston Bank or Credit Union for Business Banking

I am starting a small metal shop in Houston and am looking to open up a checking account for the business. I currently don't have the need to receive additional financing; however, I might want to take out a loan in the future as we expand. Any suggestions on Houston banks or credit unions to bank with? Thanks!

Array

If I recall correctly the coolest bank I was ever in was in Houston. It was probably 25 years ago so I wish I remembered the name. They had a funky message on their phone and the lobby was decorated in animal heads. It may have been the Lone Star Bank but I am not sure. They seemed very friendly to businesses and I do think you would be better off with a bank rather than a credit union. I had sold and was delivering a piece of equipment to someone and he had gotten the loan there and we stopped to pick up the check.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com

Why do you suggest a bank over a credit union? It seems like credit unions offer better terms, less fees, and also have the potential at offering relatively lower interest rates loans.

Array

To me banks seem more business oriented and credit unions seem more consumer oriented. That may just be my opinion and I have had very little dealings with a credit union.

A few years ago the credit union in my city came in and made a presentation to my employees trying to get my workers to use their services and showing the perks they gave customers. There was no mention of switching my business account to them.

Most of our local banks have come in making presentations of why I should switch my business banking to them. Never has one of the banks asked to make a presentation to my employees or really made anything other than a minor effort to get my employees to bank with them. Actually the bank where I have my personal account is coming in two weeks from now to try and get me to switch my business account.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com

Thank you for your insight. Much appreciated!