Thread: Manage Internal Control for instance.

Array

Cool Manage Internal Control for instance.

From two different past incidents of internal control breach, the value of specific and timely reporting has proven to be significant. The importance of adequate policies and especially procedures would be for naught without well designed and timely reporting. Written office procedures inform the employee what is expected but, only good reporting tells the manager what actually happened and, at the same time, provides an audit trail.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Did you have a question or were you hoping to start a more general conversation?

I agree reporting is important. You can set all the procedures you want, but you can't know if those procedures are working or not unless you get some feedback about them. I have worked for companies that required you to be specific about how you used your time and what issues you had with specific tasks. The feedback was then used to improve the written procedures. I thought it was a good system.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Just wanted to share that experience with other managers, especially the more recent starters. People are always talking about this policy or that procedure but, not much is really accomplished unless good feedback is present, continuously and frequently! Good point about updating the procedures.