Thread: Looking for feedback

Default Looking for feedback

Hi:

My name's Mike and I have built tribedoor.com
    It's a new website designed to focus around the small town experience and what small town business has to offer.
    I am looking for feedback on the site design, pros, cons, and what tools we could add to make your life as a small businesses easier.

Thank you for your time
    Michael

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Mike. Sorry no one has responded yet.

To be honest, I don't care for the design. It's a lot of clutter and if I were to land on it, I'd leave instantly. Even without all the clutter, there's nothing to indicate what the site is about or why I would want to spend time there. I can tell you want small business owners to list their businesses, but I can't see anything on the site that would offer the businesses a benefit. People aren't likely to visit your site to look at business listings. Google and every other search engine already does that.

You need to offer something to get people to visit the site that's more than just business listings. If this is going to be a small town site, why not start with your home town and focus solely on that. Create content that people can't get other places. Make the site the go to place for information about a specific community to get people there. Once there's an audience, businesses will have a reason to sign up and list their businesses. Otherwise they really don't.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I agree that it doesn't tell me anything, or give me any reason to continue.

Also, if the center of the site is going to be blank, then move the stuff on the top left to the middle where my eyes are.
    The image that you're using doesn't portray "small town experience" or business...it portrays blight, sadness, and an area that is falling apart.
    Last thing, I'm sorry but the logo looks like a boob and I can't make it not look like a boob on my mind.

For such little content, you're shooting yourself in the foot all over the place.

This is pretty common. I'm sure in your mind it's clear what this is about. But you're not presenting that clearly to everyone else.
    Subtlety doesn't work online when no one knows who you are or what you're about. You have to be clear.

I've added an image that says "Small town experience and business". This is the kind of presentation that you need to be making.
    Attached Images

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Could you tell us more about your goals for the site? I'm sure if we know more we can help you generate some ideas to improve the site. I think I understand what you're trying to do and I think it's something that can work. We'll definitely do what we can to help you get where you want to go.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals