Thread: Starting fashion brand

Default Starting fashion brand

I am quite young, but my dream of what I want to do in my life is starting a fashion brand. But I dont know how to start such company. How do i get my manifacturers? Whats the best way of financing such a company, crowdfunding? I hope you guys can help me with a startup plan.

Discount Prodigy
    Array

You should figure out what the heck you're designing before anything. If you're just making graphics on a t-shirt, design them. If you're making custom dresses, design them first. Learn how to sew. Next, find a local printing company and see if they do custom designs. If they do, you can buy bulk inventory and then sell it.

I want to design my own clothing, so what i hope you could help with is where and how i could could manufacturers. For now on i think i will search for manufacturers in portugal, but im not sure.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leviwalda99 View Post
    I want to design my own clothing, so what i hope you could help with is where and how i could could manufacturers. For now on i think i will search for manufacturers in portugal, but im not sure.

Are you currently a clothing designers, or is this something you need to also learn? If you have some kind of training in this, you should have a basic grasp about manufacturing and a connection or two in the industry that could help answer questions like this.

Sounds like you're winging it right now and have no education or training in any of this.
    Correctly me if I'm wrong.

Discount Prodigy
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Mansfield View Post
    Are you currently a clothing designers, or is this something you need to also learn? If you have some kind of training in this, you should have a basic grasp about manufacturing and a connection or two in the industry that could help answer questions like this.

Sounds like you're winging it right now and have no education or training in any of this.
    Correctly me if I'm wrong.
    Agreed. You should probably get some experience before you start winging it.

that's a great discussion probably helpful for everyone..

Bellacor Voucher Codes

I also want to start my own business of online clothing store but I'm very confused that where to start this business and how.

I wish I can create online store like https://www.apparelshopusa.com this.

Bobby B and 91 Elephants
    Array

i'd say you need to do a lot of research. figure out a niche. you're to broad. and they're right you're wingin it to much..