Thread: Restaurant Promotion

Default Restaurant Promotion

What is the best way to promote a local restaurant to foreigners?

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

We need more info. There is no "best" way. Marketing is specific to the situation. Can you give us more info?

Array

Make good food! Seriously good food

And not what YOU think is good food. Make good food that the foreigners love to eat.

As far as advertising..... Facebook. But you need to study up on how to do it. If you go in to it blind you will complain because it didn't work when 'it' was not the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanMunoz View Post
    What is the best way to promote a local restaurant to foreigners?
    Get yourself a website hosting service, build a good website and don't forget the menu and pricing, then stake out in places that market to those foreigners. For example looking for tourists? Get onto near by hotels, tourist sites, and so on.

Profit Labs™
    Array
    Profit Labs™

I agree Facebook is a good platform for you to try.

Here is where you will probably want to start:

1. Create ad sets targeting a foreign language (lets say French as an example)

2. Target ad sets to a few miles radius around your location

3. Target ad sets to people who have "checked in" to a restaurant recently

4. Create ads in the language (French) with images of your restaurant, or food items, or happy customers, etc...

5. Incentives usually work well, so offer some kind of incentive to come into your restaurant.

6. Get people to post positive facebook reviews on your page as well

7. Keep your FB page active with photos, food items and happy customers, contests, giveaways, etc..

We run these types of campaigns for clients and usually get very good results.
    🚀 Profit Labs™ Internet Marketing Services 🚀 http://www.profitlabs.net

Quote Originally Posted by profitlabs View Post
    I agree Facebook is a good platform for you to try.

Here is where you will probably want to start:

1. Create ad sets targeting a foreign language (lets say French as an example)

2. Target ad sets to a few miles radius around your location

3. Target ad sets to people who have "checked in" to a restaurant recently

4. Create ads in the language (French) with images of your restaurant, or food items, or happy customers, etc...

5. Incentives usually work well, so offer some kind of incentive to come into your restaurant.

6. Get people to post positive facebook reviews on your page as well

7. Keep your FB page active with photos, food items and happy customers, contests, giveaways, etc..

We run these types of campaigns for clients and usually get very good results.
    That's an amazing tips much appreciated thanks for share with us..

Dreamplace Voucher Codes

Array

Well the industry is dominated in my area by third parties, such as tripadvisor and the likes. You can do a search on google "restaurants in your area" and you will see which websites dominate and you will have to work through them unless they are massive and you can outrank them on a few months time.

Facebook in this case is not the best marketing tool because if you are in a foreign country you will not go on facebook to find a restaurant you will google it thus adwords set to target people from a regions outside your city could prove useful. Also understand when it comes to food foreigners will ask locals where the best place is too, so you need a great brand reputation locally as well.

Facebook could work if the person is using it and you are using paid ads you could target them via the criteria as mentioned above.

I know living in a country where tourism is one of our greatest incomes the restaurants who get the most tourist visits are the ones with great local reputation so I believe that travelers ask locals more than anything
    Last edited by gimli; 03-16-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Try to get list on Affiliate programs and allow discount deals like

I recommend a Text Message Marketing platform to get a strong connection to consumers. I have been in the industry of Text Message Marketing 10+ years; pm me and I can give you some details on how it all works. I am doing some work right now for some restaurants.