Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Transferring / gifting shares of S-Corp

  1. #1

    Default Transferring / gifting shares of S-Corp

    I currently own 100% shares of S-Corp. I would like to transfer (gift) 51% of shares to my wife and eventually make company woman-owned small business.
    Do I necessarily need an attorney or this is something I can do myself?

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Post Impressionist
    vangogh's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Boulder, Colorado
    Blog Entries


    I don't know personally, but I imagine this is something you can do yourself. However if you want to make sure it's done correctly, an attorney is probably best.

    Here's an article I found telling you how to transfer shares in an S-Corp. There's plenty more like it if you search.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer |
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts