Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WooCommerce Question- How to connect Authorize.net to WooCommerce

Arrow WooCommerce Question- How to connect Authorize.net to WooCommerce

I was shocked to learn that I could not just plug in the authorize.net credentials into woocommerce...the shady b******s force you to buy a plugin..sure, they tell you smugly that you can use a free one...but they don't support it and when I looked, none of the free ones were tested with the lastest version of wordpress............meaning I'm SOL and no online store.

Question: Are they just yanking my chain? Every single shopping cart I have ever seen ..you just plugged the numbers in and it worked. With woocommerce they are being shady and trying to upsell an extension... What is the way around this? Gotta be some way around this blackmail..... right?

If there is no way around this - 1. are there any good shopping carts comparable to woo that don't force you to buy things in a shady way that makes you want to hit them?
    2. If not, are there any good authorize.net free plugins that actually work and are supported by the current version of Wordpress?

Thanks in Advance.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

It's not Woo Commerce, it's Authorize.net. Yes, you have to buy the plug in, put in your API creds and may even need an SSL on your check out page. That's just how Authorize.net rolls. It's been that way as long as I remember.

Pay Pal is the only popular free integration that I know of.

Sad. I just picked a payment processor, they use authorize.net and nobody warned me..I did not see one single website warning me of this. Such a super shady way to do business...and to add insult to injury, if you swallow your pride and open your wallet to their extorsion, they make you bend over without lube and make up one last charge on your way out the door just to make sure you feel dominated...some nonsense "VAT ZA E-SERVICE" fee,,,,comon people, ain't you makin' enough cash off our backs? 90+ dollars a year for an extension thats just going to plug in numbers for me...RIP OFFF!!!! how are they still in business??

Anyway, then I"d like to get my other 2 questions answered:

1. Any other shopping carts that work with wordpress that are similar to woocommerce without the nazi tactics?
    2. If not, any plugins (free) that will work with authorize.net that are actually compatible with this version of wordpress?

woo sells the extension, not authorize.net so woo is a ripoff..avoid them. must be not a US company

woocommerce is one unpleasant monetary surprise after another and you CANNOT get them on the phone or even contact them..... such shady shysters

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper View Post
    Sad. I just picked a payment processor, they use authorize.net and nobody warned me..I did not see one single website warning me of this. Such a super shady way to do business...and to add insult to injury, if you swallow your pride and open your wallet to their extorsion, they make you bend over without lube and make up one last charge on your way out the door just to make sure you feel dominated...some nonsense "VAT ZA E-SERVICE" fee,,,,comon people, ain't you makin' enough cash off our backs? 90+ dollars a year for an extension thats just going to plug in numbers for me...RIP OFFF!!!! how are they still in business??

Anyway, then I"d like to get my other 2 questions answered:

1. Any other shopping carts that work with wordpress that are similar to woocommerce without the nazi tactics?
    2. If not, any plugins (free) that will work with authorize.net that are actually compatible with this version of wordpress?
    Many payment processors work with WordPress. The only free one that I know of is Pay Pal. Whoever told you that everything you wanted on your eCommerce site was supposed to be free, gave you bad advice.

I don't know of any free way to use Authorize.net, and don't forget the SSL that I'm telling you about. I'm pretty positive Authorize.net requires that you have an SSL as you should anyway.

woo sells the extension, not authorize.net so woo is a ripoff..avoid them. must be not a US company
    Woo is part of Automatic which is the company who creates and runs WordPress.

woocommerce is one unpleasant monetary surprise after another and you CANNOT get them on the phone or even contact them..... such shady shysters
    There's nothing shady about it. You're obviously new at this, and had some false expectations. Woo comes with the basics. You can get a site going with the basics. But that's not what you want. What you want is something else, and unfortunately the extension you want costs money.

If you plan on doing your own shipping and using any delivery service such as USPS, UPS, FedEx or any others, all of those extensions cost money too.

Yeah I am not leaving authorize.net - it was too much of a hassle to get. I just want a good shopping cart, made by Americans, that won't toss in hidden fees and play games like these guys in south africa or whatever country woo is based in. wordpress.com (the site) not wordpress..

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Yeah I am not leaving authorize.net - it was too much of a hassle to get. I just want a good shopping cart, made by Americans, that won't toss in hidden fees and play games like these guys in south africa or whatever country woo is based in. wordpress.com (the site) not wordpress..
    WordPress is an American company. Can't comment on how things are done in S. Africa.

Authorize.net's fees have nothing to do with WordPress unless WordPress.com takes a cut. Couldn't tell you.

• $49.00 account set up fee
    • $25.00 per month gateway fee
    • 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction processing fee

Compared to Pay Pal they are expensive. 2.9% PLUS $0.30 per transaction? Ad then 2 other fees?
    Why is it such a shock that the plug ins also costs money? From what I've seen they have fees on top of fees.
    If that's no big deal, then $79 for the plug in should be either. Right?

I get far better rates than that, actually using Cayan who gets a better deal than most from authorize.net..but i did not ask about that. I'm asking about shopping cart programs/plugins. Where can I find one that is made in the U.S. by Americans and does not have cheezy hidden fees? I don't appreciate the way people in 3rd world countries do business.

It's not that it costs money..it costs a LOT of money that they never tell you though the entire process you will have to pony up, I had to find out the hard way..and then when checking out the a-holes tack on another additional charge cuz they are foreigners and not Americans. Some VAT charge...say what??

And yeah, I'm shocked..any normal shopping cart, you manually plug in the api keys and whatnot... Only this one, prevents you from doing it and in order to do that ONE SIMPLE THING..they want 90.00?year....to input numbers into a field. Umm..dunno where you come from, but where I come from..that's called a ripoff.