Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: You know you're a Computer or Tech Geek when...

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Default You know you're a Computer or Tech Geek when...

I just came to the stunning revelation that I may indeed have become some sort of geek
    I don't know when it happened, or how it happened and I fear it's too late to go back and I suspect that there are more Geeks amongst us.

You know you are a Computer Geek when...
    You go to the technical help section of a blogging forum and time yourself giving correct answers to all the questions on the first page for fun.

What has become of me folks, I used to do that with whiskey back in the day. I was doing this the other night and one of my friends called to go out for drinks and when he asked what I was doing...without thinking I lied ! I was too embarrassed to admit it.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 08-26-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Welcome to the club eborg

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Well, I'm not a computer geek, but I'm thankful for those who are. Makes my life much easier.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Funny and yes welcome to geekdom. I can't say I time myself on how giving out support answers, but I do my share of geeky things.

I read programming books for fun and also download tech manuals for many of the products I own.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Manuals? Steven thats terrible.

I am the type of fiddle with something until I can get it working, until I break then, I find the manual and read it.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I read them for fun. Sad, huh?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Refugee from the .com
    Array

That's beyond sad, vangogh, that's at the deep end of the geek pool.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Help, I'm drowning in geek.

You should see my library. I have an entire bookcase devoted to tech related books, from web design to programming in Assembly. And that's after getting rid of all the out of date books.

By the way I do find tech manuals to be very useful. People think they should just skip them, but it's amazing how much you can find to help you troubleshoot problems in some of them. The better ones tend to be things you have to scour the web to find too.

Array

vangough - that is really sad. Sound like it's time to go out into the sunlight some. I suggest a weekend at a campsite WITHOUT cell service.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I have a pretty good collection of tech books too, but I also have a good excuse. I had to read them for classes a few years ago. I look at all those books (most 1" to 2" or more thick) and am amazed to think I usually read through 2 of them every 10-15 weeks. Every once in a while I'll pull one of them out when needed. That's geeky enough for me.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt