Thread: Greetings from an IT problem solver

Array

Default Greetings from an IT problem solver

Greetings!

I just joined up here and thought that I should introduce myself.

I have worked in many different roles in the IT industry since the late 90's. Most of these with large organisations with matching sized IT budgets.

Contrast this with my Dad who has always run his own small businesses. I witnessed first hand the struggles he has had over the years keeping up to date with Information Technology. Lucky for him I was there to help guide him and keep from completely losing it over IT.

So following in my Dad's footsteps I recently decided to make the leap from employee to start up my own business. I am focusing on taking everything that I have learned over the years and applying it to solving IT problems for small businesses.

So if you have any IT related questions feel free to hit me up!

Cheers,

Matt
    Problem Solver @ ITgeniq
    Want to follow along as I document ways for small businesses to save $ on their IT? Check it out here!

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Matt. Congrats on taking the leap from employee to entrepreneur. Sounds like you Dad gave you a good example to follow too. I look forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Matt, and welcome to the entrepreneur roller coaster. It's a fun ride.

Array

Thanks for the welcome!

I hope that I am able to add some value here with my unique insights!
    Problem Solver @ ITgeniq
    Want to follow along as I document ways for small businesses to save $ on their IT? Check it out here!

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Welcome to the group and the world of small biz. It's also good to see someone from Melbourne join here. I have a client in Melbourne so it's been fun learning about his business and the market and culture there. Something that us US people here don't usually think about is we're not just in completely different hemispheres, our seasons are the exact opposite. As we approach summer and the longest day of the year right now, you'll be feeling the chill of winter and soon seeing your shortest day of the year. That's an interesting thing to think about as other members here converse with you and we're all talking about summer.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Array

Thanks Steve,

Yes it is always interesting watching the top half of the world dealing with the opposite season to us. I think here in Australia we are used to it because we are exposed to so much content from the US, UK and Europe.

That being said it doesn't get anywhere near as cold as most parts of America get in winter. Even down south here in Melbourne our average high temperature in winter is 14 C which is 57 F.
    Problem Solver @ ITgeniq

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I didn't realize the winters were that mild given that you're close to the most southern parts of AU, but it does make sense when you consider the proximity to the Equator is much less than most of N America. My location in Michigan puts me about a third of the way up the Lower Peninsula and about 30 miles from Lake Michigan. That usually provides cold and snowy winters with the last one being a huge exception. It's not unusual to see sub zero temps and snow accumulation exceeding 2 feet.

You probably don't get days quite as short as ours either. At the shortest point in Dec we don't see daylight until well after 8 am by 5 pm the sun is setting. Then there's Canada and Alaska!
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt