Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very Odd Situation

Array

As you said, it is generally done as a percentage of future sales. However, you could try and estimate future sales. Then you could negotiate to get that money upfront at a discount. For example, if you were to receive 1% of future sales, and that would net you $100,000 over the net 10 years. You could offer to accept a single payment today of $50,000.

My suggestion, is that you contact a firm the handles selling manufacturing patents. They should be able to help you with how much you patent is worth and how to best monetize it.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Also, and I may be a little off here since I don't own any patents..seems to me if it's original, there's an industry for it, and improves a process..that you can set whatever price you want and see if there are any bites. I agree that you should consult with a pro that can better guide you.

Array

I'm still curious as to what the machine does.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool