Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is your social media helping you or is it more of a hassle?

Lightbulb Is your social media helping you or is it more of a hassle?

Hello,

I am working on a project for small businesses and their social media presence. I am looking to find out is it working? What are you currently doing? Do you have a plan?

After I am done with the project, I plan on putting together a free video online to cover the basics of what small business are looking for.

If you can help I would greatly appreciate it!!

THANK YOU!!!

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MacMandaMedia View Post
    Hello,

I am working on a project for small businesses and their social media presence. I am looking to find out is it working? What are you currently doing? Do you have a plan?

After I am done with the project, I plan on putting together a free video online to cover the basics of what small business are looking for.

If you can help I would greatly appreciate it!!

THANK YOU!!!
    I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for. Are you saying that you want to know what is working for us, and then you're going to take our strategies and put them in a video to market to other people?

Array

The question is too vague. What works for me probably won't work for Harold.

There are too many business niches out there to try and generalize a marketing strategy (online, SM, offline).
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Array

One I can say - social media channels are great to be in touch with your users/customers. It's really useful way for them to leave the feedback or just ask about something. You can create relationships with them by post valuable content or make the contests.

Array

At this point I am just increasing site visitors by using scheduled tweets and posting to forums and Pinterest and Google+

In another month or so I will get a subscription to Social Bro and start to prune my twitter accounts.

I find each of these networks easy to use, I have not attempted to do much yet with Facebook.

Once I get Twitter under control, I want to get my visitors up to 1000 daily...... I will have to use some analytics to manage that effort. analytics undefined so far.

I use the google analytics app. It tells you things like how many visitors are on your page, where they are from, how often they come back to visit your page, how long they visit your page, etc. It is very useful. I would like to compare the results to my likes and follows on my social media page to see how they reflect off of each other.

Array

i manage social media pages and yes they can be a hassle but they are very much worth it. just try your best to create engaging content or something memorable.

If you are using a specific niche and advertising it to fan bases related to your niche yes it can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Migz View Post
    If you are using a specific niche and advertising it to fan bases related to your niche yes it can work.
    Agree. I would add also to look for not only standard niche, but find a niche you are passionate about, and then start creating it.

All the Best

Array

I'm still trying to work out which tool (Social Media platform) will deliver clients and what type of content will most effectively achieve my goals. There are a lot of 'gurus' out there and most probably each have a good idea or two but as others have posted in this thread niches are important so applying general 'how to' advice and expecting it to work for all businesses is a bit unrealistic. If you are gathering real use-cases perhaps you could design a simple survey and ask people to contribute. This way you get a more controlled dataset which will be far more usable in your project than disparate verbatim comments.