Thread: Do I need a business credit card?

Default Do I need a business credit card?

Hi-
    I intend on forming an LLC soon. Once I do this I can register with the state of Washington and then get a business checking account.
    So far I have paid for a few small items with my personal card. Is there any benefit to getting a business card? I just want to keep things as clean as possible. I can also get another personal card that I only use for business and then only pay with my business checking account once I get that set up.

Any thoughts on the best way to manage all of my payments?

Thanks, sl

Array

Do you need one? No.
    Are they useful? Yes.

The big thing with the credit card is to make sure you pay it off every month.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

If you're forming an LLC you want to keep business expenses separate from personal expenses. So yes, you should have separate banking for the business, including whatever cards you need to function, pay bills, and buy supplies for the business. It's a separate entity and you should not be using personal cards for the business. However, you can account for your personal money as loans to the business. Keep all receipts.

Keep it simple. Don't over complicate things.

will do. thanks everyone.

Array

Yes, if you are going to use a credit card for business expenses. Check around for the best rates and perks for a business card. It will also help your business credit rating. Congratulations and good luck with your business.

Array

As already stated, you need to keep personal and business separate. I would go with a debit card, instead of a credit card.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Array

I would go a cash back credit card and make sure I paid it fully every month. We have a 2% cash back card and charge around $ 50-60,000.00 per month on it paying it off fully every month.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com