Thread: Recently migrated a podcast to Soundcloud -Experienced Advice Welcomed

Array

Default Recently migrated a podcast to Soundcloud -Experienced Advice Welcomed

Just moved our podcast over to Soundcloud - Web Equity Show

Like the community interaction over on Soundcloud and would like to tap into it.

If anyone is a SoundCloud veteran and has any tips, tricks, or non-shortcut strategies I would love to hear them, thanks
    Last edited by vangogh; 03-25-2017 at 08:52 PM. Reason: removed link

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I don't have any marketing tips, just a syndication tip. I personally love Soundcloud and have been using it for years. But you know they've had financial troubles and have barely escaped bankruptcy twice now. They recently secured another $70M investment, but who knows what it's future is if it doesn't start to make a profit.

It's doubtful that if it fails that all that content would just disappear, but I've seen stranger things in tech. Syndicate your content across other channels and don't put all of your eggs in one basket.

I did see that it was having financial troubles, right after I migrated over all the content lol. We are still on Itunes and Stitcher if everything melts, although if it stays afloat for a couple more months it may still be worth it.

I am glad to hear you are such a fan of Soundcloud, we are hoping to connect with the people that hang out on the platform.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I use Soundcloud mostly for DJ mixes, radio shows, and track offerings that sometimes are only available for download though Soundcloud. I'm into House Music, and Soundcloud is a huge repository for that kind of music and DJ's.