Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: eCommerce/Working From Home Ideas?

People talk about drop shipping like it's the easiest thing in the world. It's undeniable that certain elements of it have gotten easier. Like for instance you can now just get a ready made e-commerce platform & the suppliers ship directly to the customer so you don't have to bother about inventory. But the hardest (and most expensive part is customer acquisition. Google Adwords rates used to be 10 cents a click a decade ago. Now they're at an average of $ 2-3. If you do the math & assume a 3% conversion rate then for every conversion you'll need around 30 clicks, which means $ 60-90 spent on advertising out of your commission! So the product you're selling needs to be a very high value product to make this work & most people find it hard to do so.

I really would have chosen something before quitting your job. 2 to 3 months isn't enough to learn an entirely new skill and earn enough to live off it. You would have to get incredibly luck. Even so, I wish you all the best. Good luck!

Hello Fury. You seems to be in a very stable position. If I had the amount like you do, here is what I would do.

I would buy a Hosting and Domain which will cost you around $70- $100/year. A CRM software which will cost you from $20-$100/month. Addtional expense will be there but I don't recommend spending more than $300 on fancy tools. And then collect prospect leads for the targeted niche. My plan is to focus on website reconstruction and mobile optimization as I already have list of website that need serious re-touch (I already have around 100 leads).
    I will connect my prospect through email and Phone. I expect my email to convert at around 5%-10% as they focus on really specific problem that is wasting lot of profit for business owner means couple of sales will pay all my bills. But for you it won't be the same as I am hoping you haven't done your research yet.

I am just waiting to get started. You may ask why wait? Well, I don't have money to buy basic tools right now. I will start as soon as I find partners.

Hope this help a little.