Registered Member
    Array

Default SEO vs SMO

which is more effective SEO or SMO ?

Discount Prodigy
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mannatsandhu View Post
    which is more effective SEO or SMO ?
    SEO because I look for local businesses through Google, not Twitter.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Depends on who your target is. I have a client that does well on Instagram and Twitter because that's where his industry is.
    Another targets local customers and Facebook + Ads have been good for him.
    As for myself, new money almost exclusively finds me online via specific search terms and phrases.

There is no one sized fits all. You do what's best for you. Get it where you fit in.

Of course you can't possibly know until you try a few things.

And you could be doing the right thing, but the wrong way. Way too many variables .

Each of them has their own benefits. SMO helps you get traffic and conversions from social channels, while SEO helps do the same from search engines. Ideally any business should have a combination of both as part of its overall marketing strategy. SMO also has an impact on your SEO as social signals are increasingly important factors in search engine rankings.

both are very important . SEO takes too much time to give result than SMO gives result in real time Digital Marketing Training|SEO Training|Social Media Marketing |Nagpur

Array

There is no battle between SEO and SMO because those mediums are within optimization process.

Array

1. SEO(Search Engine Optimization)

It means optimizing your website for search engines, helps to increase traffic via search engines.

2. SMO(Social Media Optimization)

It is useful for sharing content off-site, helps to increase brand recognition and popularity among people.

SEO basically considered as well as a proven method of generating more traffic to your website. Yes, it took a little bit more time than paid ads but gives you traffic that stays for a long time and is definitely result-oriented.

These differences define that both SEO and SMO allow you to drive more traffic on your websites and you should focus on both services. But for more and short term results, SMO is better than SEO and for long term results, SEO is better than SMO.