Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Constructive Criticism or Be Blunt?

Array

kristine, whats the real problem? ..are you sure its writing? maybe hes got a boring idea...... i know you cant say that...but think about it... do good writers have popular blogs? .. i would go with the suggestions of showing the writer some really exciting blogs in the field ....or maybe think about why do people support your guy? and have him go deep/wild into those ideas or traits....
    why would people take time to read a blog? why do you go back to a blog? as a blogger i want to be as useful as possible...what could they do to accomplish that....? maybe some kind of related event or hunting law calendar, snow conditions if you area ski lodge, great pictures, , what kind of art framework do those readers like?
    for us..dh does the business letters and i do the marketing words.... he can fix the spelling etc....but the main thing in an ad or blog is the idea and if it is interesting to the reader.... if its anything like my field there are so many good blogs its hard to pick where to go..and lots go unread ....

as for writing ability......i was an english major in college....dh was math... so he thinks perfection and i think motivation and fun...
    .sometimes in very few words...like on a billboard when you have 7 to 10 words to work with.........
    one more thing...sorry....the computer has reallly changed the stuff you read in ~ elements of style~....since now we can change any part of a thing so easily....it makes me see a piece way less as a whole than the old way where we made an outline and followed it....now things seem totally looser with all kinds of options....for insertions tangents etc etc...i think its a lot harder to stick to a plan now.......especially if you start adding things in the middle of things....you can so easily neglect the main whole idea you started with....and you can add big words and color etc etc...
    also spell check has made me a worse speller...i pay even less attention to it, depending on the spell checker...which is so bad when its not there....
    i guess its a brave new world...and in the blog world anyway you can do your own thing....
    ann.
    Last edited by greenoak; 11-02-2009 at 08:21 AM.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com