Thread: Business within a business?

Default Business within a business?

Good morning,

I have a family business that we are operating out of for marble and granite countertops as an S-corp. I am looking to start a side business under a different name using marble and granite scraps for a particular application.

Ideally i'm looking to run everything through my primary business just under a different name.

Suggestions?

Chris

Array

Why not set up a DBA. In other words you have the S-Corp set up as something like "Granite King" and then set up a DBA that would technically be "Granite King DBA Granite Recycling" Granite Recycling could then do whatever it wanted in terms of advertising, Checks, and the like but all the accounting could revert to Granite King.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com

Thats exactly what i thought i could do and will do. As far as a logo, i would just need to trademark it as well i presume?

Sorry. my memory of business startup is not sharp. It's been over 10 years since we opened our doors. Just want to do it as easy as possible

Thanks for the message it's very helpful

Array

It would be better to trademark the name but in Pennsylvania if you register a name as a DBA they won't let anyone else use that name. I am in PA too, and ran into that when a name I was trying to get a DBA for was already in use by someone on the other side of the state.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com