Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smile Marketing Tips Needed For New & Unique Business

Default Smile Marketing Tips Needed For New & Unique Business

I just opened a narcotic detection service company using trained canines.

I am the ONLY company in my city who offers these services currently.

I would like to get my business into schools, businesses, events, etc. For this I have been doing a lot of "cold calling" (which I am really not a fan of)

I am also trying to target residential/ families who may be worried that their child or loved one is using drugs.

I have thought about radio advertising but am not sure if that is effective or if there is anything else I should look into to reach residential and commercial customers.

Any advise is greatly appreciated!!

Array

Amanda

What is your social media presence like? Social media is a great avenue for a company like yours. A lot of people looking for your services wouldn't know to search them out.

Cold calling works but I understand your hesitation with it.

If you're the only company in your area offering your services I think you'd benefit greatly getting your website recognized in Google, Yahoo and Bing for keyphrases related to what you do.

Hope this helps

<Please set up a signature through Settings>

Discount Prodigy
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda12345 View Post
    I just opened a narcotic detection service company using trained canines.

I am the ONLY company in my city who offers these services currently.

I would like to get my business into schools, businesses, events, etc. For this I have been doing a lot of "cold calling" (which I am really not a fan of)

I am also trying to target residential/ families who may be worried that their child or loved one is using drugs.

I have thought about radio advertising but am not sure if that is effective or if there is anything else I should look into to reach residential and commercial customers.

Any advise is greatly appreciated!!
    Weed isn't bad. American propaganda is bad. That's the only thing I want to say.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Weed isn't bad. American propaganda is bad. That's the only thing I want to say.
    If you worked for me and during a break or at lunch decided it would be a good idea to break out your little baggie, you'd be out the door before you made it back to your station. The same applies to alcohol during the work day. I've seen too many expensive/painful accidents caused by complacency brought on by self medicating.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Discount Prodigy
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
    If you worked for me and during a break or at lunch decided it would be a good idea to break out your little baggie, you'd be out the door before you made it back to your station. The same applies to alcohol during the work day. I've seen too many expensive/painful accidents caused by complacency brought on by self medicating.
    If you work on heavy machinery, do not touch weed or alcohol. The same laws should apply to weed as they do alcohol. However, if a dog is going through the parking lot and catching alcohol, they're not going to get in anywhere near the amount of trouble if it were for weed regardless of the fact that no one has ever overdosed on weed but thousands die from alcohol.
    Last edited by Owen; 01-30-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Array

the fact that no one has ever overdosed on weed but thousands die from alcohol.
    Perhaps no one has overdosed on weed but lots of people have died from people driving or operating equipment while or after using it.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com

Discount Prodigy
    Array

Quote Originally Posted by turboguy View Post
    Perhaps no one has overdosed on weed but lots of people have died from people driving or operating equipment while or after using it.
    After Colorado's legalization, the amount of traffic accidents actually decreased according to the Washington Post and a few other sources. Though you still shouldn't drive, weed should not be seen as worse than alcohol, opioids, etc. just because of American political and corporate propaganda.

Array

After Colorado's legalization, the amount of traffic accidents actually decreased according to the Washington Post and a few other sources.
    I have this debate with my employee from time to time. He's on your side of the argument. Without seeing the study and how they determined the actual cause of the accidents, this is only a half truth/statement. It could simply be that there were better driving habits during the reporting period or maybe less weather related accidents.

There is a reason why many companies have drug testing, maybe they see something that doesn't get reported?

The same laws should apply to weed as they do alcohol. However, if a dog is going through the parking lot and catching alcohol, they're not going to get in anywhere near the amount of trouble if it were for weed regardless of the fact that no one has ever overdosed on weed but thousands die from alcohol.
    Without going overly political, your combining what is currently legal and what you may want to see being made legal. This is the same argument that people who get written up for speeding use.

As for the original post, outside of cold calling and doing a live demo, I'm not sure how else she can improve her marketing.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Array

Howdy Amanda,

Interesting biz you got there. Have you ever thought of direct mail? You could get a list of people with kids and mail to them letting them know facts, etc. with an offer to come out. Also, follow up with a phone call (if you can get their number) or knock on the door.

Is there anyone else in the country/world doing this type of business?
    David Hunter | Duke of Marketing | Retired Real Estate Agent
    www.DukeOfMarketing.com
    www.TheSaviorsMinistry.org

Discount Prodigy
    Array

There is a reason why many companies have drug testing, maybe they see something that doesn't get reported?
    Don't know

Without going overly political, your combining what is currently legal and what you may want to see being made legal. This is the same argument that people who get written up for speeding use.
    I didn't know people used that as an excuse. People actually make the argument that they should allowed to speed because something else is worse? o.O