Thread: Help me brainstorm: small gifts for repeat customers (retail)

Sit. Stay safe!
    Array

Default Help me brainstorm: small gifts for repeat customers (retail)

I just got my first repeat customer today - woo hoo! My sales volume is growing slowly, which is okay. It gives me time to plan for future cool things and how to handle growth and stay organized. I've pondered the idea of including little freebies in my customer's orders before but haven't actually done it yet, and this first repeat order has me thinking about it again. I think it would be lovely to reward repeat business with a little gift, say around the 3rd or 5th order. (and more later, but it will take me while to grow to people placing more orders than that with me.)

But what would be nice gifts? I don't want them to be too self-serving, like discount coupons. And I want them to be appropriate to the customer. It would be dumb to send a little dog toy to someone who buys bird products, for example. Anybody here want to help me brainstorm?

Congratulations on the repeat customer.

I believe your freebie idea is a good one. Although I'm stumped with what you could offer. Maybe add a sticker (possibly of the type animal they have) with their orders.

Array

In my opinion, a sincere, handwritten "thank you" card goes a long way and is often appreciated more than any knickknack.
    Small Business Consultant,
    Olive Branch Business Solutions
    Business Development | Marketing Strategy | Web Development

Sit. Stay safe!
    Array

Ahh, so simple. But you're right! Thank you cards it is!

Registered Member
    Array

Wow! That's awesome to have repeated customers!

I think thank gift cards are great! But perhaps send something more personal like a card that has the owner and their pet, for example. Or just write a thank you letter with a small discount offer to your repeated customers.

Good luck!
    I hope that helps

Array

I like the idea of a thank you card, the personal touch is great!

Occasionally I used to get a packet of Harribo from sellers on eBay even with my first order. It probably doesn't work for all types of purchases but something extra in the order was a really nice surprise.
    Steven Noble
    Web Designer/Developer
    http://graphicscove.com

Array

I suggest a hand written note or an exclusive discount code or offer. Both of those as a customer would make me happy!