Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Any Advertising Good Advertising

Array

Measurement is important... but alot of people screw it up... the right measurement is even more important... if you measure the wrong thing... you can be causing yourself harm.
    The Ad-Vice Man - Expert Advertising Advice
    www.harborpilotmedia.com,
    www.freeadvertisingadvice.org

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

True. It's all too easy to misled by measuring the wrong thing or looking at the wrong stats. Statistics tell the truth, but they don't tell the whole truth.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

I'm late to the party but I thought I would throw this out too...

Sometimes businesses think advertising isn't working because they don't build any way to track that advertising into their ad. I do work for a salon that only does high-end salon work so she never offers coupons and etc... but she has a couple of different phone numbers and puts them on ads going to different markets/different venues etc... that way she can track where her business is coming from - the ad is the same in every place - it just has a different phone number on it. She knows if advertising in the phone book or in the local shopper is more effective.

So many people seem to forget that you have to put your name in front of people over and over and over again - word of mouth is the best form of advertising but if I'm looking for a service you provide and I google something or grab the phone book and have 15 companies to call - I'm going to call the name I recognize, even if I only recognize them from repeated exposure to their message.
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Tracking is so important. Using different phone numbers is a great idea.

I read somewhere that people have to see an advertisement an average of three times before it sticks in their heads. So repeated exposure is definitely the way to go.