Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drones

Whoever creates drones that clean skyscraper windows is gonna make a fortune.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjob View Post
    Whoever creates drones that clean skyscraper windows is gonna make a fortune.

It's been done:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRxxhHWdW3o

Array

I just thought I would post an update to this thread. About a month ago I finally bought my drone. I haven't had time to play with it until this week and just completed my first flight about an hour ago. I am charging the batteries for my second flight as I write this.

I ended up buying a DJI Mavic Pro. They sell for $ 995.00 but I got a new one on Craigslist for $ 850.00 (test flown once). I liked that one because it folds up to about the size of a water bottle and since I want to take it with me it is more compact that the other DJI drones. If that wasn't an issue as it would not be for most the DJI Phantom 3 pro or DJI Phantom 4 might be the better choice. For someone doing it professionally the Phantom series probably looks more professional. The Mavic that I bought has a lot of nice features such as obstacle avoidance, auto return home on low battery, the ability to follow people or objects, 4K video and 12 MP camera and lots more. It was fairly easy to fly but there are so many things on it that I still have a lot to learn.

DJI seems to be the leader in camera drones. Most of the others seem to be hobby drones except for GoPro but GoPro is pretty new and I think DJI is the better choice. I own stock in GoPro so if I felt it would have been a good choice I would rather have supported them.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com

A lot of realtors are using drone technology to market their listings, I think it's an awesome idea.
    I help Start-ups - Businesses get the funding they need.

http://www.GravityFinance.com

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Sounds exciting. Can't wait to see some footage.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Mansfield View Post
    Sounds exciting. Can't wait to see some footage.
    Here is a photo of the town my business is in taken with the drone. When I post something with some video footage on YouTube I will post a link

DJI_0007a.jpg
    Last edited by turboguy; 09-11-2017 at 10:13 AM.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com