Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Landscape Lighting

Array

Default Landscape Lighting

Here is the first marketing piece for a new service we are offering.

Please review and comment. I'm especially interested in comments on the second side.

Landscape Lighting Ad - Links directly to the PDF. It's a large file so may take a minute to load.
    Last edited by Steve B; 08-11-2009 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Posted image instead of link and nothing showed.
    Steve B

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

The link doesn't work. You need a login to view the image. You can attach it here or if you want send it to me and I'll attach it.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Sorry - I guess it worked for me because I have an account. It was hard to find a site that would take a .pdf.

I'll send it to you.
    Steve B

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I guess I had that PDF already. Just didn't realize it. I've attached it here. Now let's see if I did it right. Apparently not. I'll try again.

Ok the file doesn't seem to want to upload for some reason so I did the next best thing. I uploaded it directly to your server and will link to it instead

Landscape Lighting Ad - Links directly to the PDF. It's a large file so may take a minute to load.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Guess now I should offer some thoughts. First impression is it's a nice ad. I like the colors and layout and it comes across very professional to me. The houses in the images are nice, but they seem on the upscale side. Definitely the one on top. Harder to tell with the house on the bottom. Are these kind of houses your market? If so great. If not maybe the houses in the images should be more typical of the type of homeowner you're targeting.

The logo is clearly feminine. Do you see women making the buying decision?

The first bullet point doesn't read well to me. "Complete Installations or Repair Existing Systems" It's the repair existing part. Feels like it needs something else. Maybe repair to existing or repairs of existing. As is it feels off to me.

Overall I do like the ad

Array

Thanks for fixing that Steve.

Yes, those houses are typical in my area. Even the one on the back is not unusual - a lot of horse money around here and a lot of very large properties (and farms).

I didn't think of that with the logo being feminine, but I'm guessing the decision on the lighting is at least initiated by the females most often (just guessing).

You'll notice there's plenty of room on the bottom of the first side for my new website address.

Is there any way to put the correct link in my original post so others don't get frustrated?
    Last edited by Steve B; 08-11-2009 at 07:57 PM.
    Steve B

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I added the link to your original post. Makes sense so people can find it right away instead of having to scroll down.

Originally I didn't even think about the feminine look of the look, but when reviewing the ad earlier it struck me. I don't think it's bad or good. Just made the connection to who would be doing the purchasing. You're probably right about women being more likely to purchase lighting for the home. Certainly not always, but if I had to guess I'd say they'd more likely make the decision.

Array

I really like the front of the flyer it looks professional as vangogh said. To me on a personal note the back as it is wouldnt get me in, its too far fetched the house with the "before" label on it is not the same house. I think maybe I would see it as unbelieveable and would worry about false promises with the company.

On another note from a printers point of view if you designed this yourself I noticed your trim marks are a little out. The left hand side of the back is every guillotine operaters worst nightmare and you may end up with a white edge on some of your flyers. I would extend the image another couple of millimetres just in case.
    Ultimate in Exhibition and Displays
    l l www.tenji.com.au l l Find me on Facebook l l Follow me on Twitter l l

Array

Looking at the add my first question is: what is E.S.P?

Reading the text, I like the business language, professional quality fixtures with industry leading guarantees. I know, I am over critical of word choice, but I always take note when I see things like that.

For instance, my favorite is "oversized closets" or "oversized tub".

The bottom page, just doesnt look right. Is the idea, that adding lighting can make a "dumpy" house look like new? The imagery is not very strong for me at all. I think there are better ways to convince me I need lighting. Maybe using the security and safety angle.

Array

oooh - I have a comment... it's not that good though. It echoes what some others have said.

The "before and after" on the second page left me with a very bad taste - right away, I thought it was a joke. Landscape lighting made THAT transformation? I mean, it's just such a HUGE departure, it reminds me of something like a comedy routine commercial parody where a product turns an old hag into a supermodel in a second.

Really, it made me laugh. But I'm not sure that was the intended effect. If it was, you nailed it. If it was a serious before and after, massive fail (sorry)
    Last edited by Dan Furman; 08-12-2009 at 03:29 PM.
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here