Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Landscape Lighting

Array

I sent an e-mail to my supplier (that gave me graphics for the card) and he said it's been used many times by different lighting comapanies. He said this piece has been around for many years. He said it has been a fairly successful piece and he never heard any issues about people not getting it. Of course, perhaps it would have been wildly successful if it didn't turn off the people that didn't understand it was a joke.

I agree - I've seen better photos of landscape lighting. These were done by someone else. I think Remipub (one of our members that does my printing) will make them look pretty good, but I haven't seen them in print yet.
    Steve B

Array

Steve,
    Maybe it just me, but if I received a flier of this type I would expect it to show work done by that company. Either that or note somewhere on the flier that these are examples.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Array

Either that or note somewhere on the flier that these are examples.
    If they are royalty free or if you have the right permissions to use them I dont think you need to state that. But I agree with your other point nealrm that the exposure could be a little better. Getting a shot just coming on dark with the lights glowing on a nice house which still shows the detail of the house. Take it into photoshop and "warm it up" you will have a very inviting house.
    Ultimate in Exhibition and Displays
    l l www.tenji.com.au l l Find me on Facebook l l Follow me on Twitter l l

Array

Lav - It's not the copyright on the photos that is the issue, but the impression that the photographs show homes were he did the work. That is not the case here, these are generic examples of work that could be done.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

I find it interesting how there are some opposite impressions of the images on the back. When I first saw the artwork I laughed and thought "that's clever." Humor in advertising is a very good thing - many beer companies seem to bank on that fact. The question is - will it have the humorous effect that was intended to the majority of viewers. To me it was obviously intended to be funny and I thought it was great. Others (so it seems) look at it more critically and view it as unrealistic.

Would be interesting to see a panel study getting the input from a random group of consumers. I wonder how the percentages would work out.
    High quality full color printing is only a few clicks away...www.remipub.com

Array

PLEASE don't be offended but it's terrible. Especially for high end customers who would be purchasing landscape lighting.

It look amateur on the front and the back is fake. I wouldn't trust this contractor.

Good luck!

Array

Quote Originally Posted by vangogh View Post
    The logo is clearly feminine. Do you see women making the buying decision?
    Good eye! I didn't catch that at first glance.