Thread: Advertising Website With Flyers

Default Advertising Website With Flyers

Everyone has seen links on forums and other forms of web advertisements, unless they've been living under a rock for the past 15-20 years. Sure, these forms of advertisement for a website can still be effective. People do sometimes click links and even banner ads at times. However, what people aren't used to seeing is an advertisement for an online website offline. It may cause people to legitimately become intrigued with what is on the website and check it out. I'm thinking of putting up some fliers for the website I'm creating. If I thought it looked interesting, I might check out a website that I saw a flyer for..... though I've never seen such a thing. Thoughts?

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Sure you can use fliers to advertise a business or service, and of course you'd want to put your web address on them. But I don't think advertising a website with fliers will get much attention. As you said,web addresses are everywhere. And yes people do advertise websites offline.

The website isn't the business. I'm sure it does or sells something. Promote the business or service. The website is just tool that implements it. The URL are the directions on how to get there. The website is not the business.

The way you asked the question is like saying "How do I promote my building?", instead of promoting the business in the building.

Array

I worked at a company that tried this. Depending on the business it might work. The place I worked at, it failed miserably as knowledgeable salespeople were required.
    Brad Miedema
    Fulcrum Saw & Tool

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    People do sometimes click links and even banner ads at times. However, what people aren't used to seeing is an advertisement for an online website offline.
    The difference here is that online banners or ads require a click. And typing in the address requires a little bit more effort. You would have to extremely well designed and intriguing flyer to get any siginficant benefits. Also, making flyers with just the link without really telling people what they can find there is pointless for me. Flyers' purpose is to promote your services, so I would rather focus on that and put the link on the flyer, making sure it is clear and visible.

Array

Hi! Steve,
    I'd say that your idea may return the investment if your service / Product is geographically linked to the area where your audience is, otherwise the incidence will be very low. Also, remember that flyer distribution must be targeted to be cost effective. What is your business about? regards, J

Array

Steve, if you choose to do this, use a QR code block on your business card, flyer, handout, etc. This allows them to go directly to your desired page by only taking a cellphone picture.

Hi Steve, it definitely can work - I think you'll need a strong offer/call to action or some other incentive to convert those flyers into traffic though. For instance I got a flyer through my door yesterday for a gym which is about twice as far away from my house as my local one. I normally wouldn't have considered going there but they're offering 2 weeks totally free access - that made me check out their webpage. Best of luck!
    I've co-founded a startup called Bookmemate!
    We provide an all-in-one business management platform designed for small businesses & sole traders.