Thread: Business IT Automation

Default Business IT Automation

I'm software developer for last 15 years. Last couple years I was involved into different projects which target was to help save money for big corporations by applying some sort of automation. For example to reduce/avoid and automate paper work, and/or provide some sort of reports and so on.

And it come to mind mind that I can create some small company to help small/middle business to come up with similar strategy
    plan (with help of further realization) of how we can help them to save money by integrating modern IT technology.
    I already have some people with me who can help with realization, but I want to know your opinion,
    what can be good start for that, and probably someone have some good hints of how to find first client.

Thank you. And really appreciated your time.

Banned
    Array

You'll find your first client by doing marketing: advertising and networking, primarily. Google AdWords is a good place to start for advertising. Go to small business meetups in your area for networking opportunities.

You'll likely have to get out of your comfort zone: running your own business means you have to do things you probably didn't ever really want to do -- like talking to people about what you can do for them.

I believe you should start with a well documented business plan, make sure you have everything in writing, this will help you to stay focused.

Currently I am working as a web project manager for a starting web design company, we are developing plans for offering outstanding services at affordable prices for starting companies. So because of my current work, I can't stress you enough to have everything in writing to stay focused.

You already have your services, people. Make sure you identify your ideal customer group and focus into turning prospects into customers. Find out as much as possible about your target group, get to know them, go to their meetings, meet them face to face, ask them to give a free presentation about your services.