Thread: Change PO Agent

Default Change PO Agent

Our business was trying to change the registered agent and business address of our company and had sent the required paperwork and filing fee to the our state department of assessment and taxation by filing the resolution to change principal office or resident agent. A letter then arrived, on 10/16/16, from that department with a receipt stapled to the envelope we sent the paperwork with. The receipt said that it was filed on 9/27/16 and it listed our company and that we have paid the 25$ fee. However using the LLC lookup website for our state, it lists our company with our old resident agent and principal office address.

Is this a issue that our company needs to sort out with the IRS or will the webpage be updated soon?

I am not sure I understand you question.
    The state sos company lookup is not connected with the IRS and they know nothing about the address the state has on your company or who the registered agent is so going to the IRS is probably not the answer.

As for the letter you received in Oct I am wondering if you have a CAP who filed the annual report back in Sept along with your state franchise / business tax return. Many times we file both report together so if your CPA dose that then that would explain why the report have already been filed.
    As for the information not being updated, if the CPA filed the reports with the state, as I suspect, then they filed the report with the state dept of rev and it can take some time, (like 6 weeks) to transfer that info from the dept of rev to the state sos so give your CPA a call in the morning and see if they filed the reports. Besides its after the Oct final tax filing deadline and they are probably have a little band with now.

Thanks

Good luck.
    Phillip Zagotti
    Partner - Zagotti & Burdette CPA, LLC
    http://znbcpa.com