Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SBF.net is now a year old!

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I can't even remember how long it's been since I checked out the old neighborhood. I find I rarely even think about them any more.

What's sad about them still ranking is someone looking for a good forum will be very disappointed. Before they went down the toilet, I know many of the members there found them using Google. Though it was over 4 years ago when I joined, that's how I found them too.

Eventually, I think we are destined to outrank them. Their age advantage won't last forever with the complete neglect they've given it. That does expose a serious flaw in Google's algorithm just as Chris stated.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I think maybe once a month I pop over there out of curiosity and to see if anything has improved. It never seems to. Still mostly spam with an occasional legit post. The owner and moderators never sign in. It's pretty clear we made the right move to leave.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I haven't been over there once since this forum started up and I don't miss it. Of course, I'd pretty much opted out of the old forum long before, so maybe I am less predisposed to miss it anyway.