Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Attracted so many new customers, we had to turn people away. How we did it…

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonLewis View Post
    I am aware of the restaurant's cost. Again, it is their cost to provide a BOGO meal, a cost that each restaurant already has figured out. And the ones that agreed have no problem with it.

It seems as though you want one big number for the total costs incurred by all the restaurants together. Am I wrong?
    Yes, you are. At first It wasn't clear to me that it was a cross promotion and limited to restaurants who were already running the promotion.
    It sounded as if you created the BOGO nights as a promotion to build a list. That's why I asked so many times about costs.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Mansfield View Post
    Yes, you are. At first It wasn't clear to me that it was a cross promotion and limited to restaurants who were already running the promotion.
    It sounded as if you created the BOGO nights as a promotion to build a list. That's why I asked so many times about costs.
    Ok, I understand now. I knew there was a reason you were asking so many times about costs, just couldn't understand why. I get it now.

At first, I actually approached restaurants that had NOT necessarily ran BOGO deals before. That was an extremely hard sale. That's when I thought to only approach restaurants that have already done BOGOs before. Then it was easy.

Array

Hmm.. I'm not sure as a small business I would [1] be willing to risk spending that much money or [2] really have the time to deal with the massive influx. However, I really like the idea of an 'email' list! I am trying to think of a way I could implement that in tutoring in the future... perhaps something related to a school? I'd have to hire WAY more tutors than I have, and be ready for a crazy amount of customers (as tutoring here is a real hot point).

Thanks for sharing

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor View Post
    Hmm.. I'm not sure as a small business I would [1] be willing to risk spending that much money or [2] really have the time to deal with the massive influx. However, I really like the idea of an 'email' list! I am trying to think of a way I could implement that in tutoring in the future... perhaps something related to a school? I'd have to hire WAY more tutors than I have, and be ready for a crazy amount of customers (as tutoring here is a real hot point).

Thanks for sharing
    Risk spending what money?

Array

Well done Brandon. Nice to see someone offering positive ideas.

Array

Great idea Brandon, thanks for sharing.
    P.S. Want to ride the coattails of your most successful business competitors?
    Get a Free Competitor Report Here

Haters are gonna hate... great idea, I like it.

Well, tons of restaurants use Groupon where they give discounts 35-55% off and then share the revenue with Groupon. The worst part is that almost every restaurant fails to capture the contact info and follow up with them. My wife has bought dozens of Groupons and still waiting for the first restaurant to ask for contact info or future deals.

The whole key to the method above is building a list that can be market to over and over. SMS ( TEXT MESSAGING) is more expensive but a better way to go. You can run contests offer Free Dinners for 2.

Most businesses, especially restaurants, like to discount when bundling would be the way to go especially adding on desserts and appetizers.

I understand Harold's point about costs, but "Business 101" will tell you it is about the lifetime value of the customer. Breaking even or losing money initially has made many a smart business owner rich. it is what they do, once they have the list.

Array

Are you telling us that a dentist added $ 600,000 incremental revenue in 6 months by giving away restaurant discount coupons?

If the average dentist visit is $ 600 that means you generated 1000 new customers in 6 months. Thousands of people went to a dentist’s website (about the least interesting kind of site in the world) to download a coupon for a meal discount. The same kind of coupon you get in the mail constantly from local restaurants, or in a val-pak, or in a local pennysaver, or groupon. You had a 24% response rate (68,000 responses out of 279,000).

Then, 1000 new patients flock to the dentist to spend $ 600 after saving $ 20 at a local restaurant.

Really?

Not by any stretch of the imagination another thought, yet a not too bad methods for promoting. In any case, your underlying post peruses like an infomercial. It likewise exaggerates the potential outcomes and downplays the work and costs required.