Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: buying an established online business

Registered Member
    Array

but then damienzero, how do i gain that experience that youre telling me about then if you dont mind me asking? rsvp. thank you.

Array

I know what you mean donaldbathe, you want a mentor/partner, right? A mentor can help out a lot when it comes to sharing their knowledge in regards to experience and leadership. In order to gain your own experience look into an online business that doesn't require much capital or time to start. I can't help you out with much more since I deal with offline business. Nothing wrong with being lazy, most people are including me, the difference is how we choose to respond to it. By falling into temptation or choosing to fight it and get stuff done.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

You gain experience by working in an industry. Drawing on skills that you may have from other work that you have done.
    Put up a couple of websites and get readers, or sell some products. If you can't figure out how to do it with one site on a small scale, or your own...you may at least learn enough about what it takes to succeed and have a better idea of where to put your resources.

But YOU need to understand it or else how will you know how to hire the right people to help you run it?

When I started as a web developer I didn't exactly know how to run a web design company. However, I'd worked in Hospitality for a number of years so I knew customer service, and I worked a brief time in a phone room for a time share company so I knew how to sell over the phone.

Those 2 things were half the battle. The business side was much easier to fine tune without having to also learn sales and customer service. And then I started learning about marketing. I know now that cause me to struggle more than I should have. I should have had a better understanding of marketing back then, but having sales and customer service experience allowed me to still get clients while I was learning.

Had I not had any of those skills, I would have failed.

Of course being able to do the work is important too. It's constant learning. Draw on the skills you have, and commit to learning the ones you don't. There is no such thing as sitting back and letting others run it.

This is why people around here always say that you don't go into a business that you know nothing about.

Registered Member
    Array

in what way possible specifically can you help me out then? in what part of the world are you? rsvp.

Registered Member
    Array

well lifes tough! whoever told you that it was gonna be easy? im putting away my pride and simply asking for help from other people, thats all....................... rsvp