Thread: Is it safe to use advertising services?

Array

Question Is it safe to use advertising services?

When I ventured forums about websites promotion/advertisement, I saw lots of posts about their websites promotion/advertising services. I'm just wondering if this is safe enough to entrust these kinds of service, also are these services work better than self-working?.
    My leader always tell me that it's better to do it ourselves but personally I'm not entirely sure why.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arsudar View Post
    When I ventured forums about websites promotion/advertisement, I saw lots of posts about their websites promotion/advertising services. I'm just wondering if this is safe enough to entrust these kinds of service, also are these services work better than self-working?.
    My leader always tell me that it's better to do it ourselves but personally I'm not entirely sure why.
    No, it's not safe to just use any old person who posted a link on some random forum to do your advertising. You want to use reputable people and companies. You'll have to do some homework.

You can learn to develop and execute your own marketing and ad campaigns. But I suggest that you actually learn and not just guess, hope and pray.
    There are many online resources, many are free, to help you learn how to develop a marketing strategy, and how to use various ad platforms like adsense.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

There are good companies who do this sort of work and bad companies that do this sort of work. If you contract with a bad company, you can spend a great deal of money and get nothing for it. Harold is right - do your homework, make sure you understand what your goals are, and research the companies you're considering before you sign anything.

Array

It's not necessarily unsafe, it depends on the company, but always make sure you learn as much about them as possible. Either just through asking the right questions, or researching them yourself.

I know this is exactly what you're talking about, but I outsourced my SEO to a company that only charges me once they get my website ranked for our <removed>
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 10-04-2016 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Link drop same website across threads

Registered Member
    Array

No it is not safe - it depends on what they actually do.

If they start spamming links to your website this can lead to all sorts of problems with website rankings - some of which can take months to fix - if at all. Some use spam traffic i.e. bots from China which is worse then junk.

Array

It all depends on the company and their reputation. If advertising is not what you're good at, then I wouldn't suggest trying to learn or do it yourself. Every business owner needs to invest in themselves in order to be successful. If you can find a good company that knows what their doing and has experience in this arena, then by all means, hire them. I wouldn't say it "unsafe" unless you just don't do your research. Then again, what business ever made it by playing it safe. You must be willing to take risks, but knowing which risks to take, and when to take them, is key.
    Online Marketing Consultant - Fleek Consulting

If you would use some random link from a forum, than yes it is unsafe. As in every reply here I will just repeat - do the RESEARCH! First think what your goals are, who you want to reach and why. Then find some companies and find out as much as possible about them and their customers. They should have information who they have worked for, look into it and check if that is what you expect. Also, you don't have to sign anything or decide on the spot. If you are not sure, arrange a meeting with the company and talk with them personally. Doing all marketing and advertising by yourself may be very time consuming and ineffectual, so hire a PROFESIONAL to do the work

Before you purchase any product OR service from any online company you should always do your research. Look at reviews on external sites and check out their case studies to see if they really are legit.