Thread: Replacement for Quickbooks

Array

Default Replacement for Quickbooks

I am still looking for a decent accounting package.

Requirement:
    1. The software doesn't crash repeatedly, have data files that get corrupt, or generally looses your data.
    2. It has real support that can solve problem (which should never happen in the first place)
    3. It allows for truly custom statements (Not the window dressing the QB likes to say is customization)
      1. ​Something simular to a credit card statement, with a summary section, a list of charges and a list of payments.

4. It allows for online payment by customers
    5. It can handle hundreds of invoices a month in a manner that does lack me a month to enter the invoices.
    6. It is designed for a business that has outgrown the small business platforms, but is not really a large business either.
    7. The software was written by someone that didn't flunk out of programming school

Has anyone used Sage 50, it is still around?
    I looked at Freshbooks and several other online packages, they appear to be aimed at business that are smaller then mine.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Array

What type of workstation? I'm not in love with online accounting programs, just because I'm substituting my crappy security protocols for their crappy security protocols and higher visibility.
    Low-Cost Total Compensation Statements - No minimums, no setup costs.
    Going to Disney World for Vacation? Rent One Of Our Vacation Homes

Array

Running on Windows 10.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Array

Quote Originally Posted by nealrm View Post

Has anyone used Sage 50, it is still around?
    I am not sure about Sage 50. We use Sage Quantum and have for probably 15 or more years. We don't crash often but yes, once in a long while. Perhaps once a year on average but their tech support is good and has us back up and running very quickly. Their tech support is great.

You can customize statements to some degree. I would think enough to do anything you would normally want to do.

We do process credit cards through Sage and do take online orders but our set up is a big unique so we can't have it processed online but I am fairly sure that can be done.

We process hundreds of invoices a month. I would guess around 500 but it could be more.

We are in between a small and a large business. (around 2.6M)

Needless to say whoever their programmers are didn't flunk out of school.
    Ray Badger, Turbo Technologies, Inc.
    www.TurboTurf.com www.IceControlSprayers.com

Array

I think we may have used Sage 50 prior to Sage Quantum coming out.

Whey we don't process online orders directly is that many of our orders need to be shipped motor freight and we need to call a number of freight companies and get competitive quotes. We then call the customer and tell them what we are adding for freight. Also some units may have a month lead time (most are only a few days) and we don't like to charge a card until we are ready to ship.

Array

I think we may have used Sage 50 prior to Sage Quantum coming out.

Whey we don't process online orders directly is that many of our orders need to be shipped motor freight and we need to call a number of freight companies and get competitive quotes. We then call the customer and tell them what we are adding for freight. Also some units may have a month lead time (most are only a few days) and we don't like to charge a card until we are ready to ship.

Hi,

if it doesn't have to be a full-fledged accounting package, then you could try an online invoicing software

Quickbooks 2004 has all of the features you list except number 2. Support no longer exists in the software world. The best support comes from forums like this one except dedicated to the specific software, version, language, etc. But if it is decent software, support is not necessity. It would be nice but it does not exist. Of course, you can pay money for support but you still will no get any.
    See my thread about accounting software. It was posted in November 2016. It sounds a lot like yours.
    BTW: Do not try to get a copy of QB 2004 because it will require an authorization code. There is no way to get an authorization code that I can find. That is the question in my post.

Sorry, I don't know what happened to the link but try Xero to replace quickbooks

I would recommend you to use QuickBooks 2020 Desktop as it the lastest version of QuickBooks in the market. It has a lot of features which can ease your bookkeeping problems to a greater extend. Also, if you are a Mac user then you can use QuickBooks for Mac as well.

--
    Lewis