Thread: Congratulations, your business have been selected to win a line of credit.....

Array

Default calls - Congratulations, your business has been selected to win a line of credit.....

Has anyone been successful in getting those low lifes to stop calling? I'm getting 5 to 10 calls a day from those jerks. I keep blocking the numbers and they call from a different one. I'm on a do not call list, but that appears not to work. I have started filing complaints with the state referencing the caller ID number.

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by nealrm; 08-02-2016 at 11:14 AM.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I wish I had a suggestion. I get them too. A lot. Lot of emails lately too. Same thing, I spam it or block the number, and a few days later they just send from another email or call from another number. True Caller has helped. If I set it to stop known spammers, it blocks calls that others have reported as spam or at the very least shows you a red banner letting you know it's from a suspected spammer.

It's annoying, but now I'm curious how they're changing their identity so fast.

They obviously data mined us from somewhere. It's my business line and business email from one site, not the other.

Array

It's not really hard for them to change their caller ID. Hardware to spoof an ID has been around for some time. They can also easily register bulk numbers from different phone services. You and I can get additional VOIP numbers at about a $1 each. I suspect they can get thousands at pennies each.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

The ones that really make me mad are the ones that sound like a collections agency, "We've attempted to contact you multiple times regarding your website's placement in Google. This is your last chance to take care of this...". Those really make me angry.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I get these sorts of calls and e-mails because we do trade shows. So we're always getting calls from people trying to sell us housing or shipping to the venue or whatever. It's really annoying. Don't know how we'd stop it though.

All the time. Not just for loans but for vacations, want to purchase my business, want to sell me something, it's like a second freaking job! I get them via phone, email, and fax (I believe there is some kind of litigation against the faxed ones). I've all my numbers through do not call and it does nothing. I cannot stand stopping what I'm doing to deal with this BS. I don't like the guys and gals in charge because I pay top dollar for bottom service.