Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should use Google Plus for Websites Promotion?

Array

Post Should use Google Plus for Websites Promotion?

I has been looking for good websites for promotion but seems it is hard. Some suggest me using Google Plus but I'm not really sure about its capability. Does anyone have any recommendation?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Promotion can be hard. Instead of looking for sites to promote yourself, look for communities you can join because you're interested in them. People like to do business with people they know and people they trust. If you join a community and think about how you can contribute to it and how you can help people there, you get those people on your side and they might hire you or buy from you and they'll tell their friends about you. If you enjoy spending time getting to know people on Google+ then sure join it. If not, find a different community that shares similar interests as you.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

If you just create a G+ account and start posting your blog posts and articles, nothing will happen. Google is great for having a business page where you can list your hours of operation, location, reviews and so on. Those things can come up in search when people are looking for you specifically.

But as a Social Media platform, it's just as hard and takes just as much work as any other and is part of a marketing plan, not the entire plan.

You better use Google+ to promote your business and website(s). Google is the king of search engines, so we better be his friend. Having your business or websites promoted into G+ will boost your position at Google!

Array

Currently I think Google + or some other blog writing pages like Medium, Linkedin are good for promotion, provided that if my network is broad. Promotion on most forums seems not effective.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Facebook and Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest might be better promotional tools than Google+. While Google is a powerful search engine, Google + never really took off as a social media platform. I'd recommend any of the others before that one.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KristineS View Post
    Facebook and Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest might be better promotional tools than Google+. While Google is a powerful search engine, Google + never really took off as a social media platform. I'd recommend any of the others before that one.
    True. The people who use Google Plus as social network the most are tech people. If that's your target market then it's a good place to have a presence. But the average internet/web user or consumer doesn't use it.

Array

You can use Google Plus to promote your website. True, compared to Facebook, Twitter and other big social media platforms, it might lack at some places like the number of audience but it could still be useful. Try Google Communities. Search for a community in line with your industry and interact with the users there. You'd be surprised at how welcoming the communities in Google Plus are. Some will even encourage you to promote your website or business. It might be a small step, but hey, it's a start.
    "At first you feel your heart run faster, you have calculated everything, the wind and the speed, then you let go, and you smile when know that the only way now is up!"

Array

Quote Originally Posted by alyssa.redkite View Post
    You can use Google Plus to promote your website. True, compared to Facebook, Twitter and other big social media platforms, it might lack at some places like the number of audience but it could still be useful. Try Google Communities. Search for a community in line with your industry and interact with the users there. You'd be surprised at how welcoming the communities in Google Plus are. Some will even encourage you to promote your website or business. It might be a small step, but hey, it's a start.
    Currently I'm using Google Plus for blog promotion and seems it works good enough for now.
    By the way when I asked people on the Internet about using forums and anchor texts for websites promotion, they said that it is not effective anymore. Is this true?

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arsudar View Post
    By the way when I asked people on the Internet about using forums and anchor texts for websites promotion, they said that it is not effective anymore. Is this true?
    It stopped being effective as a back-link source a long time ago. Also most forums are NOT for website promotion and attempts to use them as such backfire since mods delete obvious self promotion.
    You should however. use the option to promote your business in your signature, just like you should with any business profile you create online.

Any time you set out to use someone elses website to promote your own, unless it's specifically for that purpose..such as a Facebook or Google+ business page, you're wasting your time.

Running around the web dropping links does nothing. If you really want to promote your business, promote yourself. Participate in forums and communities that you genuinely want to be a part of, and be the kind of member that is helpful, and knowledgeable in their profession.

Write and promote articles on your website's blog area that provide info, show your expertise in the field, and draw your target audience. Understand and use proper SEO and targeting so that they can be found, as well as other promotion methods including paid ads and social media boosts.

You need to remember that places like forums are where people go to get free help and information. They aren't generally places people go looking to hire someone. For that they use Google or specific purpose websites like Angie's List to search for professionals.