Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should use Google Plus for Websites Promotion?

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Arsudar View Post
    I has been looking for good websites for promotion but seems it is hard. Some suggest me using Google Plus but I'm not really sure about its capability. Does anyone have any recommendation?
    you can still make use of Google plus, at-least to get a good quality back-link from it. but i will suggest you make use of top forum sites and top social bookmarking sites too. forums sites allows you to input your website link in form of signature as this will help drive in traffic to your website, just make sure you make useful comments on such forum sites. Also submit your link to top bookmarking sites like tumblr, folked, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Slashdot and many others.
    Get REAL Traffic Visitors, High Google Rankings : Dollar SEO Services Get Social network likes, followers, subscribers here: Social Network Services

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Mansfield View Post
    It stopped being effective as a back-link source a long time ago. Also most forums are NOT for website promotion and attempts to use them as such backfire since mods delete obvious self promotion.
    You should however. use the option to promote your business in your signature, just like you should with any business profile you create online.

Any time you set out to use someone elses website to promote your own, unless it's specifically for that purpose..such as a Facebook or Google+ business page, you're wasting your time.

Running around the web dropping links does nothing. If you really want to promote your business, promote yourself. Participate in forums and communities that you genuinely want to be a part of, and be the kind of member that is helpful, and knowledgeable in their profession.

Write and promote articles on your website's blog area that provide info, show your expertise in the field, and draw your target audience. Understand and use proper SEO and targeting so that they can be found, as well as other promotion methods including paid ads and social media boosts.

You need to remember that places like forums are where people go to get free help and information. They aren't generally places people go looking to hire someone. For that they use Google or specific purpose websites like Angie's List to search for professionals.
    Really appreciate your point. Currently I use Linkedin and Google Plus, I also try to be more active in the related forum (asking, sharing information). Though it is still a beginning and I haven't seen the results yet but I feel it is better than spamming like no tomorrow.
    From the viewpoint of a regular forum member, it will also be much annoying if I see someone just come in and spam unrelated things, just for their advertisment.

Array

Google rewards you for using more of their products and services. So while a G+ account alone may not give you great results, I recommend it be part of your integrated marketing plan. Register and use multiple Google products in order to increase your exposure, and Google profile. If your content is pretty high quality (unique, relevant to your business, written with specific keywords and interesting) then it can help your SEO as well.

With so many different social platforms, it's a good idea to pick a few of your favorites where you know your customers are. Then post your content to all of those. It can be FB, Instagram, Twitter, G+, Linkedin, or wherever. Be specific with your posts, but nothing wrong with playing the Google game and making it one of your content channels.
    CEO, Uproar Group Digital Marketing
    Website | Email | Social | Content | Automation
    Author of The 5-Hour MBA for Professionals

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

You also need to know where your target audience is looking. Sure, we all know and use social networks, and post our articles to them but that's mainly as a service to our followers and talking to other industry people as self promotion.

Regular people may see those articles when they are looking for free information and help, not when they are looking to spend money or hire. Not saying it doesn't happen, but that's not the direct path to the bulk of your target market at the most opportune time.

So realize that yes I think social networks are important..especially in the case of G+ and Twitter where your posts may also come up in search and possibly lead someone to you. But the most direct rout is to be where they are looking, when they are looking.

If you study your stats and see that maybe your blog posts do get traffic, but people aren't going to other pages to check you out, then you know. Articles are for people looking for free information, entertainment and how to's.

For the vast majority of people looking to spend money or hire they're going to use search, select directories like Home Advisor, or industry sites, maybe even Linked In, and of course recommendations. That's what they use when they are ready to buy.

For a select few it may be going from article, to website, to author's info, to bookmarking it, to coming back when they are ready to buy. In reality, the path from random article to buying isn't direct or immediate. It's casting a net. But we need to cast that net, get that traffic, get those shares, and get those additional links and related articles in search, to help our main thing be found in search.

Google is brilliant in it's execution of this whole thing. Make ranking depending on content and cross association, so that people create more content for their users. Can you imagine how sparse the internet would be if it didn't matter how much content you created? Far fewer people would do it.

It really depends on your activity. Share & Involve in postings, circles & comment's. Just posting out there will not be as effective as you can expect. Do this same on other social networking sites and you will find improvement.

Array

When speaking about Google+, it’s important to consider that it is in fact a social media channel. Social media can be a powerful tool to promote you business website – but only when done tactfully as less of a promotion, and more as a tool to connect with your target audience and providing them with content providing them value.

As soon as the ratio begins tipping towards self-promotion, social audiences become disinterested and the engagement rate on that channel (including Google+) goes down drastically. Instead, experts recommend an 80/20 ratio. The 80/20 ratio explains that 80% of your content on social media channels should be targeted at providing valuable resources to your readership. The other 20% can be used for promotional activity (like promoting your site). Keeping this ratio in tact is crucial in making Google+ a valuable resource for building your website activity.

Remember that consumers are people, and that social media is a place people go to connect and scroll through material that connects with them personally – providing them some value whether tips and tricks, links to resources, or something that will make them laugh or feel inspired. This does not however, mean social media is a game. Social media is often overlooked by serious marketers – which is a huge mistake when there’s a need to connect with your target audience. Social media is the current language of the internet, and if you don’t speak it, you’re missing a huge potential to grow your website. What it means is that you need to be thoughtful and considerate about what you’re posting. Put yourself in your consumer’s shoes. Is the content you’re posting interesting and relevant, or does it feel like you’re getting blasted with an advertisement or self-promoting content? Be sincere. Make real connections, and Google+ can become a valuable asset for promoting your website – in a less promotional approach.
    Last edited by vangogh; 09-23-2016 at 10:00 AM. Reason: removed self promotional link

I would definitely say you should promote your business through Google+. Apart from that, you could look for some website to create more back links to your business website like scoop.it, it might be helpful as well. There tons of such websites in the Internet.
    InvoiceBerry - an online invoicing & billing software for freelancers and small businesses

Array

As per my opinion there are many other social engagement and content promotion sites which is far better than the Google +. You should opt better choices like facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, instagram etc.

Google plus is one of best social networks. we can get nofollow backlinks and traffic. So, we should use google plus to build a community for my business. we promote our products to my clients but we do not pay a penny for advertising.

I personally think, that it is useful to create a G+ account, but you should not rely only on this site. Nowadays Facebook and Twitter accounts are a must. It is helpful to have accounts on different sites, as they can help you reach diverse receivers and built a community around your business. It is important to be active and ingaged in order to keep your customers engaged as well. You need to think who do you want to reach and find social medium that fits your needs best.